The future

LEGOLAS'S POV

I don't know how long I was out but for me it seemed like an eternity. We I woke up, I was in my own bed covered with soft silk blankets. I sprang from the bed and ran to the door. I was unaware that a servant of Elrond was standing guard.

"What happened, how is my father?"

"My lord, I am unaware of your fathers current state, please return to bed."

"No, I-I want to see him!" By this time I felt warm tears welling up behind my eyes. My whole body was shaking.

"I'm sorry my lord, I have my orders to not let you leave."

I slammed the door in the servants face and ran to my balcony. I needed to know he was okay! I pulled the doors open and stepped out onto the balcony. I would have jumped but if I did the jump would have killed me. I screamed. Not for any particular reason. Maybe it was out of anger, rage, pain, sadness. What emotion it took root from I do not know. All I know is that it didn't help at all.

THRANDUILS POV

I'm cold. Really cold. I feel a dark shadow coming closer. I feel my life slipping away. I can't see anything. I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. What's going on? I need Elrond, Legolas, Jessica, somebody! I don't want to be alone. Someone...help.