Welcome home

LEGOLAS'S POV

I never expected to be rescued by the person I was trying to rescue. My heart was racing as we ran into the glade. My heart was acting, not my head. I never even for a second considered the consequences of my actions. I still had to face my father. He would be furious that I ran off to find  the girl he already didn't approve of. As we approached Rivendell, I felt my face flush. I gripped Jessica's hand, she obviously knew what was wrong.

"It'll be okay, Legolas. I'll be with you."

I didn't respond, I just kept walking. As we approached the gate, I was met by an unsuspected sight. The guards were standing their watch as expected but what was odd is Lord Elrond seemed to be waiting for me. He was smiling, something I never saw him do.

"Welcome back, Legolas."

"Lord Elrond, I am happy to be back." I bowed low but I knew my father had sent him out here to greet me. The three of us walked into the grand halls were I saw only one person at the very end of the long hallway, my father. I approached him slowly, even though he had his back to me. "Hello, father."

"Legolas,"His back was still turned to me. "You ran after the girl I do not like right after I told you it was not safe to. You risked your life when I had just gotten mine back, you risked mine and Lord Elrond's servants who were trying to find you and the whole forest could hear you little. . . event that went on, you weren't exactly stealthy when it came to that. Despite all of these things, I'm so happy you're back."

My father spun around capturing me in a very tight hug. He sobbed into my shoulder and clung to me as tight as he could. He was shaking slightly and my heart was pounding once again. Soft tears began to trickle down my face and it soon turned into a downpour. We stood hugging  each other and crying that we hadn't noticed everyone had left the hall.

My father looked up, his red tear stained face still wet from tears.

"Legolas, if you ever do something that stupid and arrogant again, I will hunt you down myself and trust me, you would be wishing that I let Saruman keep you ." And with a swish of his cloak, my father left the hall. That went a lot better than expected.