Moron

THRANDUILS POV

Why does my stomach hurt so much? Why are there so many voices around me? And who the hell is holding my hand? I opened my eyes slowly. Everything was blurry and distorted. I could make out the forms of Elrond, Jessica and... My son. My son was holding my hand like I did for him as a child. He gripped it so hard it hurt a little. I wanted him to know I was okay, but I couldn't move or speak, who knows why. I did the only thing I could. *squeeze* Legolas stopped talking and looked down at me. I had mustered all the strength left in my body to just squeeze his hand. I was still confused to what had happened or what was going on but I rested easier knowing I had let my son know I was safe and more importantly, alive.

LEGOLAS'S POV

"He's alive." I said in a tone no louder than a whisper. Jessica came up behind me and placed her hand on my shoulder. I tore away from her touch. I knew he was alive but a fire burned within me. Jessica had lied to me. I hated her touch, it stung like acid when applied to open skin. When I had pulled away, I heard her back away and face the balcony doors. I no lover cared about her or Elrond, just my father.

Just him

JESSICAS POV

Moron.

That's the only word I could use to describe myself...moron. I hated myself for not telling them sooner, but I hated myself even more for admitting to it. I now remember everything.

I was tortured into believing I was a servant of Sauron. I bowed to his every whim. Moron. I wasn't strong enough. Now I had to be. I still love Legolas, but I doubt he will ever love me again.

Moron.