Chapter 12- Gone

Astrid's POV

I was on my way to my house to check on Grandma. I came upon my doorstep and opened the door.

"Hello?" I yelled.

I entered the living room and what I saw shocked my entire body.

"No." I whispered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cried the days I was alone. The other days my friends just comforted me on. Hiccup was the one who came the most.

I never realized that the only one that has visited me the most was Hiccup. He's understood what I've been going through because his mother was missing one day. 

Girls are stubborn, and we want comfort whenever we need it the most, but they show like they don't want it and they push those people away.

I was like one of those girls. I pushed Hiccup away when I really needed to be engulfed in his arms. 

I bet you guys didn't know what happened. The thing is.....

I lost my grandmother. When I mean lost, I mean dead. She was laying on the carpet in the living room. I immediantly called 911 and they got here fast. The doctor inspected her and told me that she died of old age. 

Now i had no one to look out and care for me except for my friends. I didn't even have a house to live in.

I could learn to survive on my own with the help of my friends, but I'm only 18. 

Hiccup's POV

I felt really bad for Astrid. I mean, first, her parents died in a car accident, now her grandma died of old age. 

I remember when my mother was suddenly missing when I was just 6. Now it was 11 years from that and I've grown up. No one came to comfort me when my mom disapeared, so I know what is feels like to be lonely. My dad didn't even come up to my room to comfort me. 

So, thats why I kept on visiting Astrid. I didn't want her to feel the loneliness that has happened to me in my past. 

Today, I haven't visited Astrid yet, so I would visit her today. She was living by herself for now. 

I rang the doorbell. "Astrid?!" I yelled. "It's me Hiccup!!!" I yelled again. 

I heard slow footsteps coming from the living room. 

The door slowly opened to reveal Astrid's beautiful features to be gone. Her facial expression was blank. 

Seeing her like this killed me, I hated seeing her unhappy. She hasn't talked to me once either. 

"Astrid. Will you talk to me today?" I asked with a bit of hope in my voice. 

She nodded her head no and turned around leaving the door open for me to enter. I slowly step inside and see Astrid sit down on the couch. She stared into the T.V. screen, but the T.V. wasn't on. 

"Astrid. Tal to me." I said. It was more like a command. "Astrid Hofferson. Don't make me repeat it." She nodded her head no." "ASTRID TALK TO ME!!!!!" I yelled in her face. 

Her face became scared, frightened, and sad. I realized what I had done, I sat down next to her and rubbed my hands through my hair. "I'm sorry Astrid." I sighed. "I'm just, stressed out." 

After moments of silence, a voice was heard. A voice I haven't heard in a longn time. A voice, that belonged to astrid." "I'm sorry Hiccup." She said. 

"I looked at her and smiled. "Why should you be dorry? I'm the one who yelled at you, and I'm the one who brokeyourheart." 

On the side of my eye, I saw Astrid quickly look down. "No. I'm sorry for ignoring you, for breaking up with you over such a little thing, not talking to you, and for breaking up with you." 

I glanced back at her to find tears flowing down her face. "Sssh. It's not your fault." I held her close to me, and we stayed like that. 

I looked down at her from my grip, she was silently sleeping in my arms. I smiled and picked her up bridal style. I carried her to her room and gently laid her down on my bed. 

That's when I realized I had to pretect my angel now. I needed to protect her from the incident that happened about just a week ago. I needed to protect Astrid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!!! I am so sorry for not updating sooner. 

I got this new computer, but the screen is horrible, and I can't see anything on here. I am typing on my laptop right now And I am pretty sure this is ruining my eyesight even more.

Again I am so sorry that I haven't updated anything in a while. I've just had a lot of things that were on my mind. 

Thank you for reading and voting!!! Bi!!!