IV: Chapter 5

"I'd love to help, but I really need to find Luke and everyone and let them know I'm okay." Malia tried to work her way out of the situation. "You mean Luke, Your Father, and some other boy." Ranah corrected. "Would you stop that? I'm not used to all of this." she muttered. "I'm only being honest." the redhead shrugged. "Well could you tone it down a notch?" she requested. "Do you have any lasting ailments?" Ranah inquired. "From what?" she responded, puzzled. "Anakin, or Vader as you know him. When you were very young he attacked you. Hurt you to the extent we thought you were dead." the older woman explained. Things seemed to fall into place, but none of it made the brunette feel better. "I guess that dream makes sense now." Malia said uncomfortably. The young woman was unsure why she was unable to exude her normal attitude around Ranah. If she really was her mother shouldn't things be easier? "You have dreams? Anything else strange happen?" Ranah danced around the question she was aching to ask. "I wield the force, if that's what you wanna know." she replied plainly. "Your husband tried his hand wavy Jedi tricks on me." Malia added, earning a chuckle from the other woman. "That man is your father and we were never married. Those plans got a little messed up." Ranah under exaggerated. "Enough of catching up we need to go help Leia." She persisted. Malia bounced on the balls of her feet "Okay fine, but let's make it quick."

The pair crept around the corner of the hall leading to Leia's cell. Malia took the lead. She scanned the hall before her. "There's too many stormtroopers." she whispered to Ranah. The redhead scoffed "Are you quitting on me?" the younger girl shook her head. "No, it's just not smart to go forward now we'd get ourselves killed. I don't even have my blaster." "You could use my-" the older woman began to propose. "I'm not touching those glow lasers okay?" she dictated. Malia turned her attention back to the hallway "I think we should just wait and formulate a plan." she attempted to reason, but keeping her eyes stuck forward. There was no response "Don't you think Ma?-Sorry I mean uh don't you think Ranah?" she asked turning, only to find the woman missing. When the brunette turned her attention back to the hall, the Jedi was already attempting to sneak past the guards. Before Malia could call her Mother back the troopers noticed. The gun fire was rapid. "Damn it." the young woman said exasperated. She ran head first into the battle, her priority being to drag Ranah out of the mess.She went head first into the commotion. It wasn't easy, but with the proper amount of concentration she was able to avoid most of the shots. "I told you to wait!" Malia shouted at the redhead over the noise. "You sound like your Father!" Ranah responded just as loudly. She didn't have the chance to answer because the cutting pain of a blaster shot erupted through her shoulder. 

Ranah and Malia hastily made their way out, and  got far enough away they wouldn't be followed. The brunette had her hands balled in fists as they along with her head leaned against a wall. A small splotch of blood seeped through her coat. "Here, sweetheart let me help you." the redhead insisted. "I'm fine." she snapped, but that didn't keep Ranah from walking over to her. "Malia darling let me just see how bad it is." she offered. "I've been through worse." the young woman countered. Ranah sighed and gently removed the deep blue coat, and the scoundrel seemed to self consciously try and shrug the jacket back on over the black tank top she wore beneath. A set of tired green eyes didn't notice the wound, but rather a scar. It ran from Malia's upper shoulder and down further than the top allowed her to see. If she had to guess it was at least an inch and a half wide, and was raised apart from the rest of her skin. "Stop looking at it." the young woman said and tried to put the jacket on. "Don't be ashamed of it. And if you want the wound to heal it needs air." Ranah told her. "Whatever." she grumbled, tying the jacket around her waist. 

They had time to do nothing else before they ran across Obi-Wan. Ranah was speechless, and a multitude of  thoughts crossed her mind. Malia rushed over to him "Did you get the tractor beam turned off?" she questioned,and Obi-Wan nodded making his way over to Ranah. "Hello, Obi-Wan." the redhead said softly, and the man took her hand. "I see you still have my ring." he pointed out, bringing the brightest smile to her face. "I will always have it dear." the woman promised. "It's been nearly twenty years." Obi-Wan trailed off. "Malia, come here. Please." Ranah requested. The brunette was hesitant, but she slowly stepped forward. "So was Vader telling the truth? Am I your kid?" she asked. "I think you already know the answer to that." Obi-Wan responded. The young woman nodded. Malia wasn't sure if she could ever recover from the trauma that was her childhood, but none of the bitterness and resentment mattered right now her family was here with her right now. She became overwhelmed, and a tear slipped down her cheek. Instinctively, Obi-Wan and Ranah wrapped their arms around their daughter for the first time since she was a baby. While for the first time Malia let herself break down in front of someone. They stood their for a long time, not speaking, but just enjoying being reunited. 

"We're so proud of you. There's no way your life was easy. I'm sorry we couldn't provide you with the life you deserved, but know we're proud of you no matter what and we love you." Ranah said, squeezing her daughter in a tight hug. 

"Yes dear, and know from everything I've observed in our time together you are clever and capable. Never lose these qualities, but please lighten up and be kind to Luke." Obi-Wan advised with a smile giving the young woman a hug as well. 

"We should get back to the Falcon." the brunette recommended with a beaming smile, the tears and sadness vanishing from her expression. Obi-Wan and Ranah nodded in agreement, their faces mirroring near the same look. 

The family turned, but they were met by an adversary. Darth Vader stood before them, a red lightsaber in hand. The scoundrel felt her heart pounding. Obi-Wan reached for his lightsaber, and Ranah for hers. She hated the anxiety surrounding the situation, she wanted to charge at Vader, rip off his mask, and punch his ugly face in. Malia had already withstood so much in her life, and she was prepared to lose her family again.

-

A/N: This is not the best, but here it is. May the fourth be with you, I hope you enjoy the update.