IV: Chapter 7

"You're worried aren't you?" Leia asked Malia who was standing near her. "No. I just think this is a horrible plan." she stated. "And you could do better?" Leia retorted. "Absolutely." Malia said without a doubt. "We could offer you a job as a strategist if you're interested." Leia suggested. "If I was on your side you would have already beaten the Empire,but as soon as I find my way out of here I want nothing to do with the rebellion." The brunette declined. "You can't just walk away from a good cause like that!" The other woman insisted. The scoundrel scoffed and began taking steps backward "Look Leia. Here I am walking away!" she shouted, then turned her back.

When she left Leia, Malia wandered aimlessly around the base. She lurked in rooms she probably shouldn't have and disrupted important work. Truth was she needed to preoccupy herself while awaiting everyone's return. They were trying to blow up the death star, if they succeeded the brunette would be elated because that meant no more Darth Vader. Typically she wouldn't think twice about the return of some pilots, but this time it was different because Luke was among them. It's not that Malia cared about what happened to Luke, but he didn't deserve to die in that way. Or that's at least what she kept telling herself.

She made her away over to some crates in a discreet corner. There was a small circular window towards the upper portion of the wall. The scoundrel climbed up the boxes with ease and sat on the top. If she was going to reflect on anything she wanted to at least look at a pretty sky.

Many things about recent events perplexed her. Malia wasn't sure how she could've grown so attached to her parents in the matter of hours. She assumed it was because the lack of companionship in her life. Maybe it was because she finally felt like a huge part of her life mystery had been solved. If that were the case she still had questions she'd never receive answered to unless she crawled back to Vader which was unlikely.

Darth Vader irritated her before, but now both of her parents were dead because of him. If she ever saw the man again it would be to murder him. Malia sighed still having trouble grasping all of this information. She jumped off of her throne of receptacles deciding to stop thinking about it.

It was seconds after she abandoned her corner everyone began bustling about. The survivors must have returned, and they were presumably successful. She didn't rush to the hangar like the others, Malia took slow strides. Her arrival time wouldn't alter what had already occurred.

When she stepped onto the scene her eyes quickly focused in on Luke,Leia and Han rejoicing. A small and bitter smile formed on a her face. She knew that she'd never fit in properly with them, but why would she care? She had never valued partnerships in the past. At the same steady pace she approached the trio. All of them enthused about the events at the same time. Malia just smiled and nodded like a mother would with her obnoxious children. It took a minute but, the young woman was able to piece together what happened. "Good work you guys." She commended, then started to leave. The brunette felt like she was intruding. The scoundrel then felt her hand being grasped by a larger calloused one. She turned in confusion, and Luke pulled her into a hug. Malia was never good at making physical contact of the gentle kind with others. She awkwardly brought her arms around him. "It's okay I don't bite." He teased. The adrenaline must have given him a confidence boost. "I know Luke it's just--" how would she even finish that sentence? The only proper way was to explain her entire life story and she was not up for that.

The young woman stepped back from the embrace, but Luke still held her hands. Malia cleared her throat, "I'm glad you made it back safe." She glanced downward unsure of why she felt so flustered. It was so natural for her to stay calm and cool, but something about this moment made her break for just a second. "I thought you hated me?" Luke taunted. "Leave it alone would you Skywalker?" She glared, the gaze of her green eyes clashing with his blue ones.

"I'm just not sure why you reacted in the way you did. You didn't seem to take a liking to Ben." He defended. The feeling went away. Talk about a sore subject. Malia tugged her hands away. "Obi-Wan" she corrected. "And you don't know a thing about me!" She stomped her way off to an empty corridor only to be followed by Luke. "That's the thing! You think of me as some kid, but I've deduced more about you than I let on." he huffed. She gave him a challenging look. "You're not the puzzle you think you are. I can tell you're hurt,but chose to be emotionally unavailable. You're far too stubborn to let go of whatever caused these problems. You have all these trust issues, but it doesn't have to be like that with me." Luke said sincerely. "I don't get it. Why are you telling me things I already know!" She burst.

"Because I care about you and how you're feeling. I'm not going to sit back and let you be in pain!" He fired back. "I'm not asking you to do that Luke! I can take care of myself!" Her voice raised. "You don't always have to! Let someone support you for once!" He exclaimed. "If you want to be there for me don't just throw it at me all at once! Ease me into it!" She said exasperated. "Well I wouldn't have to be so direct if you payed attention to not only my advances to help you, but ones of other intent!" He blurted. Malia blinked several times. Other intent? What did that mean?

Oh.

Oh!

She didn't think,which she probably should have. The brunette stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around Luke's neck. Her lips colliding with his, and ferociously kissing him. The tension between them rose, and Luke was sure to assert his unexpected dominance. Malia felt her back coming in contact with the cold wall behind her. They were interrupted by a coughing noise. The pair pulled away from each other, and saw Han standing there smirking, he would no doubt have a field day with this over them. "Listen I'll keep this between us three, but Leia wants to see the both of us kid." Luke nodded, and walked off with Han. A bit of aggression still in his step.

Malia stood in the hallway dumbfounded, bringing her hand over her lips in disbelief. If she had any clue to how she felt right now, it was only how discombobulated she was.

-
A/N: pls don't comment or message me saying Luke was out of characte. Yes he's a cinnamon roll, but no one is flowery 100% of the time. Other than that I hope you enjoyed.