V: Chapter 2

She stood holding the reigns of a taun taun. He stood before her as the two bickered.

"You're not going!" Han refused. "You could freeze to death if you do!" he insisted. "What and Luke won't?" Malia shot back, aggressively.

Leia approached the pair. "Any updates on Luke?" She inquired. "Well I'm about to find out." The Scoundrel explained. "No you're not." Han interrupted. "I''ll go look for the kid." He offered. "No! Neither of you are going, sit down!" Leia demanded.

A smug grin spread across Han's face. "Sure thing, Princess." He shot a wink at her and took a seat on a crate. "Leia you may be able to bark orders at Han, but I'm leaving." The other stated. "You're always telling me to be practical, and this isn't what I call practical." Leia argued. "I don't care!" the young woman snapped. "You can't go out there!" The princess fumed.

"Watch me." Malia said. She turned her back to her friends and climbed onto the Taun Taun. She took one last glance at Han and Leia. Then rode off into the biting cold of Hoth's surface.

The longer she searched, the more her heart sank. Malia wanted, no needed to find Luke and soon.

Her brown hair was a contrast against the white of the planet. Her green eyes scanned the landscape, stopping at a lump on the ground. She jumped off of the beast and rushed to it.

The young woman pulled him into her arms. "Luke? Luke! Are you okay?" Malia pressed her hands to his face. Even through her gloves she cold feel how freezing Luke's skin was. "Ben..." He groaned. "What?" She narrowed her eyes. "Dagobah system..." Luke dragged out, then his head fell limp.

The brunette didn't let herself panic. She could easily grab Luke's lightsaber, but she refused to put her hands on one. So first she grabbed her blaster and shot the Taun Taun dead. Then she reached for her device. After she retrieved it, Malia approached the Taun Taun and pressed the glowing end to it's stomach.

She tore it open. "I'm so sorry Luke, but I need to keep you alive." She muttered and dragged him near the Taun Taun. The Scoundrel hesitated, but came to her senses. Carefully, she placed him inside it's stomach.

Daylight rolled around, and for the first time Malia didn't have a plan. Their only source of transport was unusable and they'd die of hypothermia if they tried to make it by foot.

It was when a ship flew overhead she felt hopeful again. The young woman bounced to her feet, and frantically waved her hands to get it's attention. And in what seemed like no time they were brought back to base.

Luke was in a medical tank for what seemed like forever. Malia lacked sleep, and had little strength remaining in her system. A sleepless night in the harsh weather of Both could so that. She refused to rest or eat until she was sure Luke was okay. The brunette ached to reach out and hold him.

When she got word that Luke was awake, she rushed to the medical bay. She was met by Han and Leia, but Malia was concerned with other matters. It felt like they all held her breath upon her arrival, everything came to a halt. Her eyes drifted to Luke. Her instincts overwhelmed her.

She stepped over my to Luke, kneeling at his side. "Are you okay?" The brunette breathed out. Luke nodded, "How are you doing?" "Just fine." She answered. "Malia won't eat or sleep." Leia interjected. The young woman whipped her head around to glare at her friend.

"You really should take care of yourself too." Luke said, pulling Malia's attention back to him. "Not until your back on your feet kid." She said with a weak smile.

The moment was interrupted by Han and Leia. Malia didn't catch all of the conversation.

"I don't know where you get your delusions laser brain." Leia glared. Earning what could be classified as a snicker from Chewbacca.

"Laugh it up Fuzzball," Han walked to Leia, placing his arm around her "But you didn't see us alone in the South Passage. She expressed her true feelings for me." He finished. "My-? Why you stuck up, halfwitted, scruffy looking, nerfherder!" Leia exclaimed.

Han pulled away approaching Luke again. "Who's scruffy lookin'?" questioned, then turned to Luke "Must've hit pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that,huh kid?" He smirked.

Leia scoffed. She took bold strides near Han,Luke, and Malia. She stopped before the three of them being sure to look Han in the eye "Well I guess you don't know everything about women yet." She rebutted, before grabbing Malia by her jacket and bringing the other woman to her feet.

Malia looked confused, but had no time to respond. Leia cupped Malia's face and pressed her lips to that of her friends.

The kiss lasted for a good 30 seconds. Leia then pulled away and stormed from the room.

Malia blinked, staring straight forward. Han and Luke were in just as much shock.

"Excuse me." The brunette spoke up. Then proceeded to exit the room and follow after Leia.

"What in Force's name was that?" She called. "Why? Did it make you uncomfortable." Leia retorted. "No it's just Luke- And you- And I--" Malia continued, flustered.

Leia patted her friend on the shoulder. "You're welcome. You've now been kissed by both my brother and I. As a bonus you got to help me make Han mad." She pointed out.

Malia was still dumbfounded. "Uh right I'm gonna go check on Luke now or something." She mumbled.

"Force, you're so in love with him."

"What was that?"

"Nothing..."