V: Chapter 1

The tapestries and rugs in the carpet stuck out to her the most. It was calm, and warm. Rain patted against the bamboo roof of the hut. Green vines crept and twisted through the cracks in the bamboo walls. The entire hut was lit only by candle light. Small pillows were arranged in a circle in the center of the hut. Malia found herself sitting near a woman with blond hair.

As things came more into focus she found it harder to ignore the sounds outside. They were faint at first, and heard only from a distance, but they rapidly approached the pair. "Malia no matter what happens I want you to hide." The woman says.

The door to the humble hut bursts open. She stands up as fast as she could. Stormtroopers stand in the doorway and begin firing at the woman. Malia feels herself screaming.

Her eyes shot open. The brunette never had that dream before. Her green eyes scanned around her. At the realization it was just her and Luke in the room, she slowly sat up in bed. Luke stirs, but she ignores it. Everything felt like a contest. Which Nightmare is most disturbing? They all have death, they all have pain. She rubbed her eyes, as if that would clear the images from her mind.

"Malia?" Luke spoke up, his voice was groggy. "Go back to sleep." She insisted. "Are you okay?" He propped himself up on his elbow, shivering as he did. Malia grabbed the blanket pulling it up over him more. "I don't think your quite adjusted to this climate yet." She's quiet, a small smile formed on her face. "Was there another nightmare?" Luke refused to let her shift the subject. "Uh... yeah." The woman looked away from him. "Which one was it?" His tone was sincere. "I never had this one before." She uttered. "Can we talk about this another time? I just want to sleep." she requested. "Yeah of course." And they both sunk back down into the bed.

Morning arrived and Luke was already gone. This was normal. Malia took no time to get ready, she dressed, combed through her hair and let it hang down.

She left her room and went to find Leia so they could attend their daily meetings. Although they both climbed in status, they both kept their original positions.

Malia had to knock several times on Leia's door before she finally emerged. "How's Luke?" She was smug. The other one regretted telling her things sometimes. "Same as usual." The scoundrel shrugged, and Leia scoffed waiting for her to say something more.

"Just friends?" Leia rolled her eyes and the scoundrel nodded. "Just friends don't sleep in the same bed." Leia shook her head, with a slight smile "He gets cold. He's from a warm planet." Malia justified. "So you're just telling me me you baby him?" Leia shot her a look. "I don't baby him." The other woman said. "Then you love him." Leia suggested. "I don't love him either, he's my friend." Malia insisted.

After the debriefing the pair split up to do their jobs. The brunette had nothing important to do, so she headed back to her room.

In the room, she sat on the bed trying to decipher the meaning behind her nightmare. They were all memories, but she couldn't really remember this one. The only thing she seemed to put her finger on was the planet. She figured it was Pluv. She could tell from the rain, and the musky smell.

Hours of frustration and milling about in her room passed. Malia was no closer to discovering the meaning of the dream than when she started thinking about it. She was ready to pick up and leave for Pluv and figure things out herself.

A knock on the door brought her to her feet. She wasn't ready to leave the topic alone, but she was ready to have something else to do.

The door swung open revealing Han, who looked far to frantic for her liking.
"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Uh well you see-" he began.

"Spit it out!' She demanded.

"Luke may or may not be missing." Han answered.

Malia pushed him aside "out of the way laserbrain!"

-

A/N: This chapter is kind of awful and short but I wanted to get part v started (: