V: Chapter 7

A/N: This chapter is gonna be really short and bad but I wanted to update while my muse is somewhat here. Also things are not going to be exactly how they went in the movie for this part. Hope you all enjoy!!

She didn't observe her surroundings, she wasn't careful like she usually was, there was one thing on her mind and one thing only; find Vader and kill him.

The white walls of cloud city whirred past her. Malia paid no attention to anything besides how fast her feet could move.

She came to a halt when her body ran into another's. "Malia?" the voice was puzzled. "Leia, go find Luke I'm busy.." She gripped Leia's shoulders and was ready to move her out of the way.

"Why are you wearing Luke's clothes--did you?" Leia raised and eyebrow. "Oh force no, no!" Malia blushed.

She didn't have time to stop and talk, even if it was for Leia.

"What are you in such a hurry for?" Leia asked, folding her arms, Malia already a good ten feet away from her.

"This is a rescue--Where's Han?" Malia played it off.

"Frozen in carbonite"

"Okay good! Wait what?"

Leia blinked her eyes at Malia and the woman sighed.

"I'll deal with it later" she said, before sprinting off down the hall.

-

When Malia found Vader, all the anger inside of her ignited at once.

She could tell that she wasn't who he was expecting. He was waiting for Luke. Malia wouldn't let Vader get to Luke.

She took a step closer to the enigmatic figure. She was so overwhelmed with rage, she couldn't find the words to say.

"Your anger.." Vader finally spoke, trailing off. "You would have made an excellent apprentice.." he finished.

A thought clicked in Malia's brain, she wanted to shout in frustration. "Is that why you killed my parents?" She nearly screamed. "So I would have fuel to be your obedient pet?" She asked. Malia shook her head in disbelief. "I can't believe my parents called you a friend Anakin.." She sneered, reaching for her blaster.

She held her blaster up, taking the her shot. It practically bounced off of his back. Vader then turned around, and Malia felt a crushing feeling around her torso. She coughed, clutching her sides and slowly crippling to the ground.

"Malia!" A voice shouted. Of course, Luke had fallen into the trap and Malia was defenseless to assist him. She tried to choke out the words 'No!', but instead all that came out was groaning.

Darth Vader's focus shifted from Malia to Luke. The woman managed to force herself on to her feet. She clutched the railings and made her way over to Vader silently. She glanced at Luke, indicating to keep his Father distracted. Malia eventually reached behind the man. She held up her hand, but Vader was faster. He shoved her, sending her flying over the railing.

Her dirty fingernails gripped the catwalk as she struggled not to fall. "Malia!" Luke panicked, rushing over to her. He dropped to ground and grabbed hold of her wrist. The Scoundrel grunted, she was too weak to heave herself up. If she died now, she most certainly wasn't satisfied with the life she's lived.

"Luke.." She said. Malia was weak in tone and volume, but strong in emotion. She wanted Luke to know the truth. Just in case she didn't make it back.

Vader had seemingly read her mind. "Tell him.." he chuckled. Luke frowned as he tried to help Malia up "What?" He looked so hurt. She looked down, a conflicted expression. "He's your Father.." She told him quietly. "Obi Wan, Ben? He's my Father" she said.

Luke was so shocked he nearly dropped her. Channeling to frustration and confusion he had, Luke mustered up the strength to pull Malia up on to the catwalk. He was so hurt Malia didn't tell him, so angry. It was evident to anyone-- force sensitive or not.

"Is she telling the truth?" Luke demanded, shouting. "Ben said you killed my father! Why would Malia lie?" He was on the verge of angry tears. "To protect you. She thinks your weak, she doesn't trust you.." Vader said, trying to twist Luke's mind.

"Don't listen!" Malia interjected, unable to rise to her feet.

"Shut up!" Luke yelled at her. "Are you my Father?" He asked forcefully once more. Darth Vader then chuckled. That was enough to signify that it was true.

Luke looked to the ground, his jaw clenched. He gave Malia one more betrayed look, then swan dived over the edge.

Malia gulped, a look of terror spread across her face as she realized the severity of her situation. She was wounded and alone with Darth Vader.
"This can be done simply or you can make it difficult Malia..it's your choice" Vader's deep voice bellowed.

Mustering all the courage and strength she had, Malia rose to her feet. "I'm an expert at making things difficult..." She snarled, then lunged for the man.