10 | Emotions' Train

The sound of our feet meeting with the concrete sidewalk sounded in the silence as we walked to Kaylee's house. Today had been the last day of school, and tomorrow we were going to graduate, so after Kaylee's continuous whining, I was going back home with her to choose what to wear for tomorrow and celebrate in general because we were graduating.

Thinking of Dad, I fished my phone out of my pocket, wanting to send him a message to tell him I'll be home at dinner time, tuning down the sounds of Ryan and Kaylee bickering beside me.

The pair could go on for days without getting tired.

Typing in the message, I moved my finger to press send when an arm was roughly flung around my shoulders and a crack echoed, before everything went still.

Three pairs of eyes now looked down at the ground where my phone lay, my empty hand still hanging in the air where it once held my phone.

I dropped my phone.

Like a bomb ticking its last seconds, every tick echoing in the dead silence, the last tick echoed, and it suddenly exploded.

But it wasn't me though.

"YOU STUPID FREAKING DUMBASS! LOOK WHAT YOU DID! YOU BROKE HER DAMN PHONE! YOU'RE SO DEAD, RYAN FREAKING BLAIR!"

Ryan cowered away, the look on his face saying that he just wanted the ground to swallow him up.

Kneeling down, I picked up my phone, hearing Kaylee's yelling in the background. The screen wasn't broken, that was a good sign.

I pressed on the starting button,

Nothing greeting me but the same blackness.

Getting up, I turned to them, "Kaylee, calm down" I said. She has been going at Ryan that he almost hid behind me when it was my phone that broke. But I knew she was doing it for me since knowing me, she figured that I wouldn't get mad about a broken phone.

"I'm not calming down, Camilla! He deserves to be dead right now, and if you don't kill him, I will!" She said, glaring Ryan down.

Glancing at Ryan, I found him looking at me with so much guilt and regret that I felt bad for him.

"It's just a phone, Kaylee. And I'm okay with it, really it's fine, there's nothing important on it anyway" I said, giving her a look that will hopefully make her drop it.

"Fine" she said reluctantly, before sighing and muttering incoherent things under her breath.

Meanwhile, Ryan had strangled me in a tight hug, repeatedly saying words of apology and gratitude in my shoulder.

"Thanks for saving me from her wrath" he had said, making me chuckle as I patted him twice on the shoulder, as to tell him to let go so I could breathe.