17 | In The Air

A giant thick-covered yearbook was slammed on the floor before me, and I flinched. "Here," Kaylee said, pointing at a picture of a girl with blond hair and familiar green eyes smiling shyly at the camera. She looked young, maybe fifteen.

"Penelope Anderson," She stated, "a year younger, the Bishops' ex-neighbor, Ethan's childhood friend, and his ex-girlfriend." I sucked in a breath.

"And here," she said, her voice now a little restrained as she slammed into yet another page, and pointed at a boy who was smiling goofily with brown hair and the same green eyes.

"Corey Anderson, same year, the she-devil's brother, also Ethan's childhood friend, and his ex-best friend."

"So?" I asked.

"So, since she's the rival, enemy, bitch, boyfriend stealer, or whatever you want to call her—since they all suit her so well—you'll have to figure out what you are gonna do." Kaylee's hands flailed around as she talked.

"Why would I call her 'boyfriend stealer' when she isn't stealing my boyfriend– not like I have one anyway" I rolled my eyes, and was answered with another roll of eyes. This time hers.

"Because. Ethan will be. That simple. Maybe not now, but in the near future. And, even if not–which is completely absurd–she doesn't deserve him back, so we're gonna make sure that doesn't happen."

"But why would we need to do something when it's all about his choice? Have you thought of that? Like what he'll choose himself?" I raised an eyebrow at her. It was his choice in the end anyway, whether he wants to get back with her or not.

Kaylee halted before her head tilted to the side— a sign that means she's thinking.

"Okay," she drawled out, "I guess we can do that".

"Do what?"

"Nothing. We won't do anything, we'll let him choose, like you said." My eyes widened in shock of her giving up that easily, but that didn't last long, "But," and I gave her a flat look.

"We're gonna help him do it. The choosing, I mean."

"And how are you going to do that?"

"We, Cam, it won't work without you. And to answer your question, we're gonna do some...things, that will help him make up his mind." She smiled evilly.

Oh boy.

Holding a forkful of broccoli to my mouth, I began chewing slowly, my mind elsewhere as I thought about Kaylee's 'plan'