33 | Home

I toy with Ethan's fingers as we stand in front of my house, I'd wanted to walk him to his truck but he had stopped me before we reached it. "You don't have to walk me out, I'm coming back after all."

Kaylee has gotten her way in the end about Ethan staying over and I definitely hadn't argued, so now he was going home to change and check on his mom before coming back. "Still, I want to." I let go of his hand and sign.

Ethan smiles and brings up his hand to my neck and tangles his fingers in my hair. Goosebumps break all over my skin as he leans down to bring our lips together and I tilt my head up and my body is not mine anymore as it automatically melts closer to him, his other hand coming up to cradle my face, and we're about to dive in our own universe when there's a sudden whoop followed by a series of giggles.

I pull back and meet Ethan's forehead with mine, a giggle escaping me involuntarily, nodding at the window when Ethan looked at me with a confused smile, where Kaylee and Ryan weren't even trying to be stealthy about watching us.

Ethan chuckles but doesn't bother to let go of me, his arm encircling me and bringing me into his side. His forehead meets my temple and he whispers, "I'll be back."

I nod my head. "I'll be waiting", I sign. He kisses my cheek softly before letting go and walks the way left to his truck. I stay there rooted in my place, watching as he climbed up, closed the door, started the car, and drove off, making sure I couldn't see him anymore before I turned back and stuck my tongue at the moony-eyed Kaylee and Ryan who still had their faces glued to the window.

 I stay there rooted in my place, watching as he climbed up, closed the door, started the car, and drove off, making sure I couldn't see him anymore before I turned back and stuck my tongue at the moony-eyed Kaylee and Ryan who still had their fac...

"No peeking!" Kaylee gushes giddily as she and Ryan lead me and Ethan blindly to who knows where. After Ethan came back, Ryan had taken the pizza cake and mac and cheese Kaylee had apparently prepared and disappeared, and all of a sudden Kaylee was blindfolding us and dragging us after linking her arms with ours.

I hear a door open and I feel the night air on my face as Kaylee leads us outside. A second later I feel the grass under my feet. And a minute later we stop. The blindfold loosens, I open my eyes.

Yellow lights seep into my hazy vision before it clears and I see sparkly night lights thrown around the grass, surrounding a huge blanket with pillows and cushions, facing the back of the house. In front of the sitting area there's the food Kaylee made along with bowls of popcorn and potato chips I haven't seen earlier, and to the side, there's a projector pointed at the back of the house.

"Wow."

A low appreciative whistle sounds to my right and I glance at Ethan, noting the surprised and impressed look on his face. I grin, my eyes searching for Kaylee to see she was nearly bursting with excitement over our reactions. Ryan grinning from ear to ear beside her.

"Guys, this is incredible. How- when did you even get to do this? Seriously, you're amazing." Ethan nods his agreement to my statement. And Kaylee giggles before she comes over and starts pushing us forward. "We know we're amazing already. Now let's get you comfy. Ryan and I will be right back with the drinks!" She says before grabbing Ryan and going in through the backdoor.