14 | On Mute

Running a hand through his hair, Ethan couldn't help but get worried about Camilla coming today. He wasn't worried about his family not liking her, in fact, he was one hundred percent sure they would love her. But what he was terrified of, was that when they see how beautiful and pure her heart and soul is, it would become clear as the sun that she's too good for him.

That she deserved someone better.

Although they were just friends, he knew he couldn't fool himself by denying the feelings he's been developing towards her lately. And what's most terrifying was that he feared her own feelings.

She might not return his feelings. And that, he was okay with. He could handle the rejection. But what if she returned them? He would be grateful for the rest of his life, yet, guilt will be there too. Haunting him, whispering to him that she deserved someone better, but instead, got stuck with someone like him.

His head throbbed with pain. He was thinking too much. But was saved of it when a hand touched his shoulder, and he turned to find Shelly, signing for him that Camilla was here. And just with that simple statement, his head cleared out, forgetting about everything he was thinking about, a single thought running through his head now.

Camilla.

Nodding at his sister, he left his bedroom and descended down the stairs to see his mother at the door, greeting a smiling Camilla. She looked nice, wearing a floral skirt– which made Ethan's heart go a little faster, something he didn't like to admit. And a black blouse with black sandals, a faint blush that he liked to see on her cheeks a little too much.

She looked beautiful in his opinion, and just looking at how his mother's eyes sparkled as she exchanged greetings with her, he knew she thought the same.

In seconds, he had reached the foyer, standing a few feet away from her, and her eyes flickered to him, her smile going wider, her cheeks blushing deeper.

His mom has stepped to the side to close the still open door, leaving a chance for him to greet her. And he was about to. When she stepped forward hesitatingly before she was on her tiptoes and her arms were circling around his neck.

The hug was quick, light. Yet it made his head lighter, more carefree. Like he was high or on some kind of drug. But it was all her.

"Why don't you two go ahead and up to your room, honey?" His Mother addressed him, smiling brightly. And he nodded, motioning for Camilla to go first and take up the stairs.

Camilla

It was the first time I was in a boy's room.

Having no brothers, no boyfriends, and no friends that are boys–except for Ryan who I never got the opportunity to get into his room–has got me nervous that I was about to get into one, not just anyone. But Ethan's.

It was a typical boy room, like any room I had imagined a boy having or I've read about in books.

Minus the piles of clothes scattered around the floor.

It was neat, with light grey walls and dark wooden floor. His bed was pushed up against the wall, his sheets white and his covers a darker shade of the walls. Beside his bed was a white door which I guessed led to the bathroom, and opposite the bed was a black TV stand with a medium sized flat screen sitting on top. A black desk was pushed against another wall, a dark wooden door beside it that I guessed to be the closet.

Yet what attracted me most was the shelves full of CDs and DVDs that are opposite his desk. I was already standing before it, trailing my eyes through the lots and lots of song albums, from bands to solar singers, and so much more than I'd ever known. My eyes took it all in from the first row to the fifth, before stopping at the sixth and last one.