20 | Falling

"Oh, you are here." Penelope acknowledged, her green eyes piercing at me.

I shrugged, "I guess I am, Penelope." The corners of my lips tugged up and I gave her a smile. And just the look on her face confirmed that she thought I was crazy for smiling at her, but I didn't pay that much attention as I was busy floating.

I was floating because of a particular grey-eyed-brown-haired gorgeous boy who was standing right at my back, and that was all that mattered at the moment.

"Well," her arms crossed under her chest, "unfortunately, you'll have to go out now. Your Dad is asking for you." She emphasized, fixing me with a hard stare and a tight-lipped smile.

"Is he, now?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, doubting that Dad would ever ask for me when he had a bottle of champagne all for himself along with a few friendly people.

"Yeah" she tilted her head to the side, nodding sympathetically at me.

"Okay, then." I shrugged, and just as the smirk was stretching over her face, I added, "I don't think Dad will mind seeing a little bit more of you, Ethan, what do you think?" I asked innocently, making sure Ethan was lipreading what I said.

And just as his teeth sunk in his lower lip, I followed with biting mine to suppress a laugh from escaping. Nodding as an answer to my question, Penelope interrupted, "Alone. He said he wanted to talk to you alone."

I internally sighed, couldn't she just say that she wanted to get Ethan alone out loud instead? She certainly wasn't fooling anyone in the room.

"Okay, then." I sighed, internally rolling my eyes at her smirk, before turning to Ethan.

"See you." I mouthed, giving him a smile and a squeeze to the hand. And just as I was about to let go, he pulled me back only to plant a dazzling chaste peck on the tip of my nose.

Beaming, I made my way out of his room. And all I saw was his twinkling eyes watching me instead of Penelope's hot gaze at the side of my head as she closed the door.

 And all I saw was his twinkling eyes watching me instead of Penelope's hot gaze at the side of my head as she closed the door

"So, what you're saying is that Penelope's with Ethan in his room?"

Nod.

"Alone?"

Nod.

"You've got to be kidding me, Cam! Are you out of your mind?" Kaylee hissed as we stood in the kitchen, "Doesn't the fact that there's a girl with the guy you like alone in a room raise enough red flags for you to stop it? Oh, and let's not forget that that girl is not just any girl, but his ex-freaking-girlfriend!"

Of course, she knew I liked him. She was Kaylee after all.

"Calm down, Kaylee." I sighed, "She wouldn't do anything, not that I trust her that much, but I know Ethan, and I know he won't allow it if he doesn't want to."