Epilogue

"So, it's done? You're moving in together?"

Kaylee's voice echos through my earphones as I drop another carrot in the nylon bag and place the bag in my cart, then grab another one and start picking potatoes.

"Yup, we went furniture shopping yesterday with Dad and bought the essentials. And then Ethan's parents came over earlier today with Shelly to see if we needed anything. Then I went with Sophia and Shelly to buy the kitchen necessities while Ethan, his dad, and my dad put together some of the furniture." I drop the bag of potatoes in the cart and move on to onions and garlic.

"And we're having dinner tonight at our apartment. I'm making chicken curry, I'm in the grocery store right now picking up ingredients."

"Camilla Adams, a diligent university student at day and a housewife cooking dinner for the in-laws at night. What a life for a nineteen-year-old." She deadpans. And I laugh, rolling my eyes.

"Oh shut it, we're 5 hours away from home, it's not like I'll be making them dinner every day, even Ethan won't have that luxury. I already issued the rules and honestly, neither of us has the time to cook on the weekdays, so we're stocked up on frozen food."

"And Cam, you're sure about this? I mean, are you a hundred percent sure? I don't want to be a downer... but you've only been together for one year, and this is a big- a huge step, I just want to make sure you're both ready for it so it doesn't backfire."

I halt in my picking out bell peppers and stand straight, letting out a breath. "I won't tell you I'm not nervous. But we've tried living in the dorms for a semester, and Kaylee, it's horrible. We attend the same uni but go to different colleges and live on different campuses. We barely see each other with all the schoolwork. And while this's not enough of a proof that we're taking the right step, I feel that I want to take this step with Ethan, and he feels the same way."

The line is silent for a minute as I hold my breath after presenting my case, and I'm about to check if the line got disconnected when Kaylee's voice comes back.

"...Okay. I support you in all cases."

I grin, pushing my cart in the way of the meat section. "Thanks, Kaylee. You're the best."

"Eh, I know."

I watch as Ethan goes about the room, buzzing with energy as he checks for the third time that he hasn't forgotten something

I watch as Ethan goes about the room, buzzing with energy as he checks for the third time that he hasn't forgotten something. I leave him be, not wanting to stress him further. He falls back and his shoulders drop after he's satisfied that he's not forgetting anything, letting out a shuddering breath. He turns to look at me and smiles sheepishly.

I pat the bag I'm carrying over my shoulder reassuringly, "It's all here." I hold a hand out to him, and he pulls in a deep breath and takes hold of it with a squeeze before we finally go on our way.