chapter twelve

October.

The first month of Gerard's treatment ends with an appointment at Dr. Yarn's office. He has new medical tests done and, of course, Frank is there waiting for Gerard when he comes back out into the waiting room. The results reveal no changes just yet, which make Gerard look disappointed, but both Frank and the doctor tell him that it's still too soon.

Back at home, Gerard laughs contentedly at Frank when he comes out of his late shower and refuses to put any clothes on. This has kind of become a habit at least once a week and Frank's primary goal is to let Gerard know that there is nothing wrong with his body or with their relationship. Gerard always joins Frank in this naked madness, except today.

Frank argues several times that it's in the name of his cause and that they're supposed to live comfortably with their ugly limp dicks, making Gerard laugh again, open-mouthed. It's a beautiful laugh and Frank grabs Gerard's head with both hands and presses a noisy smooch on his cheek, unbuttoning his shirt next. "Your turn!"

Gerard insists on cooking before Frank undresses him, though. He doesn't want to order take out again and risk having Frank answering the door naked again and ending up infatuating the delivery guy. It's Frank's turn to laugh, but he lets Gerard have his way today. And after dinner, they create art together in Gerard's office in the nude. It turns out to be a wonderful evening.