Chapter 19

19

That is NOT what I expect to see.

            I walk to my room and take warmth and relaxing bath. I’ll only take this kind of therapy bath once in a while but I think after so many problems, I have to bath and scrub of all the bitter and sour memory that keep on haunting me lately. Suddenly, I hear someone laughing downstairs. And I know that it’s a male voice. The only thing I could summarize now is someone broke in to our house. No. The same incident is coming back again. Oh god, please no. I close the shower tap and open the bathroom curtain. I grab my towel and dress myself as fast and quiet as I can. I tiptoe to the stairs and I can hear that the sound come from the living room.But what can make a thieve laugh down there? Maybe they are stalking all my pictures including the picture of my mouth covered by ice cream that looks like a moustache. Only god knows how I felt humiliated right now. I don’t know why mom loves that picture -_-. I walk quietly down the stairs and towards the kitchen.,-I plan to get a knife for my safety- I tiptoe again to my living room.

My hands are shaking now but my mind is not here, I felt like this is a rewind of what had happened to my family 2 years before. I don’t want to kill anyone using this knife except if I need to. I stand at the entrance of our living room try to make my body as invisible as I can. My mind is still imagining bad things that can happen right now- if my mom just got home, and the thieves saw her, and they are going to…- No! That won’t happen. That kind of things won’t happen if I just fight the thieve NOW. Though my heart is beating loudly and its waiting for the right time to explode, I keep my fear there, safe deep inside, so I won’t get traumatized or something after this.

So I make up my mind and jump into my living room. “Hey! GET OUT OF HERE! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! NOW! OR I’LL KILL YOU WITH THIS KNIFE.” And now I realize that I’m closing my eyes. But the weird thing is that no one say anything. So I open my eyes slowly and, Oh.My.God! Mom is sitting beside a guy whom I’ve never met before and they are watching a movie on the television- which is my mom’sfavourite- The Edge Of The Garden. I’m confused now. “Hey, take it easy there girl. I’m not thieve or something.”-still confused-“Christina, please don’t stab anyone with that knife. Oh god! Please put that knife away.” And I don’t even think that that guy is a thieve, RIGHT NOW. “So, you didn’t break into our house, but you’re my mom’s friend, I guess?”-trying to be cool and convincing who ever that guy is that I’m not a paranoid.

 “Christina, I’m so sorry I didn’t told you that I’m bringing a friend home from work today. I think it’s not too late to introduce both of you. Christina this is a friend of mine, Ed Steward. Ed, this is my daughter that I’ve always told you about, Christina.” Wow, I’ve always told you about. That words mean that my mom have known this guy for a long time. “Miss Christina Anderson, a cautious girl, 7th grader and trying not to be obviously paranoid now, nice to meet you.” He throw me a smile but I think it’s a sarcastic smile because who will smile to a person that have an intention to kill them just now. “Nice to meet you, too.But, may I borrow my mom for a sec? Mom I need to talk to you. Now.”