CHAPTER 26

26

Nervous breakdown.

            After blushing away to class, all I can say isI'm feeling totally embarrassed cause I'm going to see him again after school. Relax Tina, it's just a word, nothing else and seriously Mike knows you didn't mean in. He'll never take it to mind. Or, he's probably in his class now building a castle in the air, about me and him. No way, he's not that kind of guy. He's a one-night-stand kind of guy. Whatever it is, I'm the one that's day-dreaming right now. I must focus cause I don't want mom to nag about that B- anymore.

            The bell rings and again, my classmates rush off the classroom as ifthey're going to meet their long-lost friends. I pack all my stationeries and books into my bag, excluding my history notebook-so I can revise something while I'm having lunch. I walk through the hallway to the canteen. I push the canteen's door open and I can hear a loud roar of laughter coming from a spot next to the sinks. Okay, maybe this is a new one. Last year, I saw a group of stupid, idiot and moron students,-Eventhough that three words have the same meaning, I just love calling them that- they were bullying a junior. Andwe end up beating each other. I won with two reasons. One, I've always adored wrestling,-I mean, it's just same as Taekwondo but in a really cruel way- and I experimented some steps using their hands, legs and body. It really hurts, but just a little. They experience more pain than I do. Second, they said I've won just because they don't smack girls. Okay, that's rubbish! And after that incident, no one had ever bullied anyone in an opened place, especially when I'm there.

            So, I have to be that beast again. I walk to the spot where I hear the sound of laughter then find out the sound comes from somewhere near the girls washroom. I walk to the rooms, being cautious of the sound of my steps. Then I can see clearly Jack and his friends disturbing a 7thgrade girl. I bravely speak out, not wanting the girl to be bully anymore. "Hey Jack, stop what you're doing. Don't anyone of you have anything else to do? Please, she's just a girl. Don't you have a brain? Come on girl, let's get you where you supposed to be by now." Jack and his friends laugh sarcastically. "Christina, do you think I really want this girl?" Jack slowly walk to me and push my body to the wall "All I've been wanting is you. And the great thing today is that, you came to me." Then I actually realize that he's going to do something bad on me. "Jack, can't you just leave me alone? Go away, I want to have lunch."

            I push Jacks body and walk towards the canteen, taking the girl with me. Then without any warning, Jack grabs my hands and pulls me towards his body. "Jack, leave me alone! Can't you understand that?" "No, Tina, I've never understand you. Why you've never want me? Am I too bad for you? All the girls that I've run dry; they are easily hypnotized by me. But you, you're different, and that's why I want you." I push him harder but instead, he pulls me closer to him. "Leave me alone! Just go away!" I push him harder but it just doesn't work out. One of my buttons is off now. luckily I'm wearing a camisole. I shout and shout, Jack laugh and laugh. "I'm not going to let you win today Christina." "Just go away!" "Just let her off, Jack! You know this is giving you nothing good!" I heard someone shouting behind me and when I turn my head I can see Tucker on his most furious face on and his jaws tighten. "Leave her alone, or you'll have to get it straight with me Jack." Jack let off his grip on my blouse and says to his friends, "Let's go guys, nothing awaits us here." Jack and his friends walk to the canteen feeling humiliation running in their blood.

            "Thanks Tucker. I don't know what he' up to just now. He's going crazier and crazier every single day. When will he actually get a girl of his love?So he don't have to pissed me off every time I saw his face." Tucker's face looks relax again and I turn my body, remembering there's a girl behind me. "Owh, I'm so sorry, I've forget about you. Are you alright?" The girl shyly answers, "Yes, I'm fine. Thanks to you Christina. I don't know what'll happen to me just now if you didn't come here." "No, it's nothing, seriously. That Jack is just nuts these days, I don't know why. He is surrounded by about every girl in this school every day, yet he wants someone who doesn't want him. All that I can say is he's a freak and weirdo. And, I just want to ask, how do you know my name?" I look at Tucker's face as he was staring at me the whole time. I do this why-are-you-looking-at-me-like-that face to him then I concentrate to the girl again. "Oh my god, Christina. The whole school knows your name. You're something in this school. I just have to go now but I want to thank you again so, so much. Bye."

            After the girl walks to wherever she must go, I line up and take my tray for lunch. Tucker follows me up and does the same thing. Then my eyes wander around every corner of the canteen to search for two empty seats but Tucker's popularity seems to be useful at this time of the day. "Tina, let's sit there." Tucker points me a table, full of students and takes my hand, leading me towards the table. "Hey, I want to sit here. Give me two seats." Everyone points at each other to move. Then two blonde girls stand and give their seats to us. Therefore, to block my uncomfortable feeling from showing up, I start the conversation. "So Tucker, do you have to stay back today?” “Oh, no, I’m not staying back at school today. I’mjust…. Owh yeah, my parent is not home so I’m having lunch here. And I’m kind of lazy to go to some restaurants. I swear I’m not staying back.” Okay, that’s weird, if he’s only having lunch a school, why is he trying to convince it to me so much. “Okay Tucker, I believe in you.” We eat our lunch in silence and I’ll look at Tucker’s face sometimes and finds out he’s nervous, panicked, I just can’t explain that look on his face. I finish my lunch first and Tucker still has that look. “Tucker, I must get going now before Mrs. Farrow nags and all the things she used to do. Bye.”

            I run my way to the hall, praying I’ll be there on time. I run into the hall and then to Mike who’s standing alone. I grab one of Mike’s arm-panting- and he look at me, smiling and shook his head as if I did something funny. I relax myself and hear the sound of my heart pounding like a drum slows down. I let a big breath out of my lungs then I know I can start talking. “First things first, am I late?” I ask Mike with a panic and frightened voice. “Yes, you’re late but since Mrs. Farrow is not here yet, you’re not.” I look around the hall searching for other members of the club and the only members here is me, Mike, Lynda and two other members who is something in this club.- Okay, honestly, I don’t know them cause I was texting Sam on the first meeting. The only thing I knew at that time was Lynda is the president. When the meeting ends, everyone congrats me and I thought it was for nothing so I ask Lynda what’s with all the congrats? She said it was for my vice president position. It was a jaw-dropping situation. I’m so shocked and I texted back to Sam,

Thanks for the texting moment just now cause I’m now a V.P. That is sarcasm; I would be pleased if you’re offended.

            It was a disaster for me but a party for Sam. Owh, how I miss those old days when Sam was still cool and clumsy.“Mike, is it just me or everyone from this club is not here? Mike shook his head and say, “The only ones called here today is five of us. Mrs. Farrow said there‘d be an audition. I don’t know for what cause that’s the only thing she said.” “There’ll be an audition. You can’t bluff me about this. Oh.My.God. what am I going to do? God, please help me! Mike, do you have any plain water with you.” I started to breathe as if I’m running in a 1800 meters marathon. Mike grabs his sling bag and hand in to me a mineral bottle. I grab it without hesitation or even asking, turn the cap and take in about 4 to 5 gulps of water. “Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. Now I’m alright.” When I gain my consciousness and relax a bit, I realize that Mike looks confused. “Christina, what just happened? I just watch you getting nervous breakdown. Are you alright now?” “Yeah, I will always get this kind of nervous breakdown if I’m shocked by any kind of sudden tests, auditions and interviews. And don’t ask how I am when I’m on my last minute study. I’m alright now.”