Chapter 8

Asimi's POV

I do, of course eat. I don't eat with the other people, due to my introvert style, so I just grab few slabs of meat, raw of course, and run inside the forest. I jumped up onto a tree and sit down. I keep myself steady as I pick up one slab of meat at a time and munch on it. Some still contain bones, courtesy by me, so I enjoy the long needed feeling of crunchiness.

I eat until nothing is left, and though it was a big meal I still feel the need for more food. Not wanting to go back to the pavilion, I gracefully jump off of the branch and onto the floor. I immediately shift into my chocolate red wolf, which is gigantic in size, being 8 feet tall. I prance around for a bit, trying to get the feel of it all from not being in this state for such a long time.

Finally feeling back to normal, I run with immense speed towards a random direction, not caring how far I go. After just running a few hundred yards, I hear a branch break to my left. I immediately stop, looking into that direction. I see nothing, so I squint my eyes to get a better view. A black figure comes into my vision, humanlike.

I turn back to the front, just to be pounced onto by the same figure. I growl as I look up to see a boy with black hair and obsidian black eyes. He is wearing all black, fitting into his style. I jump up and tackle him, holding his arms to the sides. I notice a sword in his hand, and quickly pluck it out with my mouth, tossing it to the side. He struggles under my weight, but I add more pressure, making it impossible. He looks up and glares, and while it would probably look scary to most, I find it as adorable as a puppy. I cant help but put on a wolfish grin, making the person look utterly confused. Taking it that he is probably a demigod, I get off of him, shaking my fur to get the dirt off of it.

I look back at the boy to see him reaching out to retrieve his sword that I tossed. He looks back to me, still holding his glare, but more confused. He points his sword forward, getting in a fighting stance. It is difficult to hold in the sigh struggling to get out of my mouth, but I manage.

"What are you, and why did you let me go?" He says in a demanding voice. "If you did it because you wanted to make the fight last longer, then you have something else coming." I chuckle.

"I'd be more afraid for you then for me, little boy." I reply.

"How can you talk? Monsters can't talk." He says, a glint of fear showing. I take it that he rarely seems scared, from the way he still holds confidence.

"Now, now," I say, walking towards him, shifting. "If I'm a monster, then that would mean you are a monster, so I wouldn't speak too soon, demigod." I cross my arms, now full human, gown still on. Even more confusion crosses his face.

"H-how did you do that?" He questions, slightly stuttering. "And what do you mean, I would be a monster?" He scoffs. I sigh, shaking my head. I look back at him, smirking.

"Don't you see? I'm a demigod." I say.

"So you're like Frank? But Frank can't do a bigger version of animals." He asks, bewilderment showing. I tilt my head to the side. Now its my turn to be confused.

"Who is Frank?" I ask.

"You'll find out soon. Who is your parent if you could do that?"

"Lupa." I say plainly, trying to make it seem like it's not a big deal, but the boy clearly does.

"Lupa? But she is a maiden goddess. It does make sense though..." He stops for a moment, but then continues again. "Lupa is the Mother of Rome, so wouldn't you be in Camp Jupiter?" I shrug.

"Don't know. Mom told me can stay here for now." I emphasize the now.

"I'm going to camp, come with me?" I shrug, but nod. Then I remember he doesn't know my name.

"Oh yeah, my name is Asimi Fengari." I say, trying to making it clear. I hold out my hand for him to shake. He seems to remember I don't know his name either, because he shakes my hand and replies.

"I'm Nico Di Angelo."