Chapter 16

*Rhyanne's pov

"Wake up Rhy" James said kissing me. "No" I groaned rolling over. "Time to face him" he said crawling in the bunk and kissing my neck. "I can't" I said. "Rhyanne Ann Mason get out of this bed right now" he demanded as he scooted out. "Rhyanne, get out" he said again. I sigh and rolled over and got out. "Happy?" I asked and he nodded. "You will feel so much better after this" he said. "What time is it?" I asked. "7" he said. "Ugh you said mid morning" "well a little speeding helped, we are still a ways away from the venue, come on" he said and I slipped on my jeans from last night and my flip flops. "Why are we stopped?" Mickey asked poking his head out. "Go back to sleep we had to make a small detour, relax" James said and we headed to the grave. We walked over slowly my hands shaking. I saw the grave and burst into tears. "Tell him Rhyanne" James said softly his arms around me. I knew he was right, I would feel better after this. I steadied my voice and took a deep breath.

"Because of you I never stray too far from the sidewalk. Because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt. Because of you I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me. Because of you I am afraid." The tears came on strong as I sang the one song that made sense in this moment. My heart broke into a million pieces as I dropped to my knees on his grave. "I lose my way and it's not too long before you point it out. I cannot cry because I know that's weakness in your eyes. I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh everyday of my life. My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with." I was shaking at this point and I couldn't finish the song, "Because of you I never stray too far from the sidewalk. Because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt. Because of you I try my hardest just to forget everything. Because of you I don't know how to let anyone else in. Because of you I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty. Because of you I am afraid." I finished angrily and shook with fear.

*James' pov

I watched her sing her heart out to a man that broke her not to long ago. Her fear was evident and it broke my heart. Because of you, Kelly Clarkson, a suitable song I thought as I watched her drop to her knees. I stood back giving her space but only wanting to hold her. She started shaking I wasn't sure if she was cold or because she was crying or because she was scared but it didn't matter, I was going to make this right. I bit my lip and listened as her sad, scared voice turned angry and bitter as she finished the song. Her heart was healing, it was hardening. Not exactly what I wanted to happen but she was healing she will get over this with time. She was still kneeling and crying even after she finished. "Rhy?" I whispered. "Rot in hell asshole." She muttered angrily under her breath and spit on his grave as she stood. I pulled her close and tears were still running down her face. I wiped them and carried her back to the bus. We were gone maybe 15 minutes and the guys were all up curious about the stop. "Not now" I said and I knew they would ask later.

I laid her in the bunk and pulled the covers over her. "James?" She whispered as I started to crawl out giving her space. I looked down at her, "lay with me, please?" She asked. I smiled and crawled in holding her close. "Hey James, get up" I kept my eyes shut not wanting to wake up. "James lunch lets go" it was Matt. "Go away" I mumbled. "No now!" He said. I sighed and kissed Rhyanne's head, "wake up, lunch time" I said and started to crawl out. "Ugh!" She groaned but followed. "Weren't we just at the grave?" She mumbled, "that was 6 hours ago" I said chuckling. We met the guys inside and sat down for lunch. The guys pushed plates in front of us and we ate slowly. Rhyanne barely ate before she stood up, "I'm going to shower" "Rhy at least take the plate and eat" I begged. She nodded and took the plate and went to shower. "What was that stop earlier? Shawn was pissed." Mickey asked. "I know but it had to be done. She's been on edge about being in Nebraska since her mom died so she hasn't even seen her family for a while and then add in the psycho ex and well it's nearly impossible to get her there. So I suggested talking to him and she told me he was killed in prison, so we went to his grave so she could tell him what she thinks of him. I think it helped... I hope it did" I explained.