Chapter 22

*Rhyanne's pov

"So how did your mom and dad take it?" I asked. "Better than I thought they seemed to believe it" Amanda said. "They want to fly out and see you and the baby. Mom said she wants to try to start over, they were pretty hard on you before they knew your story" she explained, "but I told them not too, you're stressed enough as it is." "No tell them it's okay," I said. "Baby I don't think that's a good idea" James said. "James it's their granddaughter they have a right to see her even if we're not on the best of terms" I said. "What got into you baby? Before you..." "I know what I said before but when I fainted I saw you and the baby... I...I was dead James and you had no one because they hated me. I can't let that happen. Your family deserves to see Noelle" I said and he kissed me. "I love you Rhyanne" he said. "I love you too James." "Rhyanne?!" I heard and looked up at the door. "Dad" I said smiling. "Hey baby girl" he said and hugged and kissed me. "Kat!" I said smiling. "Oh I've missed you" I said. "Missed you too sis" she smiled. "Uh dad, Kat this is Amanda James' sister, Amanda my dad Neil and my sister Katrina" I said introducing them. "How are you sweetie?" He asked. "I'm okay just tired and sore" I admitted. "When do you go home?" Dad asked. "A couple of days I guess, the nurses said I had an infection so I have to stay a while, Noelle can go home in three weeks" I looked at James and he held my hand. "Dad will you stay with us for a little while once Noelle comes home?" I asked. "Of course," he said.

We sat and talked a while until a nurse came in to check me. "Alright sweetie we'll be back tomorrow we gotta find a hotel" dad said. "Wait stay at the house" I said and searched for my purse. "Here" James said handing them the key. "Make yourself at home there's food and everything you could possibly want." My dad looked at the keys in James' hand, "thank you James," he said. "Anytime" James said and kissed me "I'm gonna walk them out" he said and left. I nodded and Amanda and I talked a while longer after she called her parents. We were laughing when Adam walked in. "Hey Rhy" he said. "Hey" I smiled. "Amanda" Adam said before sitting on the bed with me. "I saw your daughter, she's gorgeous" he smiled. "Thanks, I can't wait to see her in person" I said. "Rhyanne I'm gonna go, I'll see you tomorrow" Amanda said. "Okay and thanks Amanda" I said and hugged her. After she left Adam turned to me. "Ya know you scared James to death, we got off the elevator and you passed out and he though he lost you. I've never seen him this way. With you it's like he is a different person, he doesn't mope when Matt's wife comes to a show, or when Mickey's girlfriend is around. You make him so happy and when he thought he lost you he blamed himself. If you ever had a doubt in your mind that he loved you I hope this pushes it out of your mind because he would do anything for you," he said. "I know he would, and I'm so happy with him. I never thought I would ever get a fairy tale ending but with James I think it's possible" I smiled.

Adam smiled, "good because you two are the perfect couple." I blushed and looked down at my hands then back at Adam. "I need to ask you something but James would worry too much about me if he knew..." I started. Adam looked at me curiously, "what is it Rhy?" He asked. "If something happens to us... And we can't take care of Noelle..." "Don't talk about death Rhy please" he said shaking his head. "No listen Adam, what ever the reason if we can't take care of her I need you to promise you'll take care of her" I said. "Why me?" He asked seriously wondering why out of everyone I would pick him. "Because I trust you Adam and that is a rare thing for me. Because you're her godfather" I said a small smile on my lips. He smiled and nodded, "alright Rhy, I promise" he said and I hugged him. A moment later James came in.

"Hey babe" I smiled. James sat on the other side of the bed "hi Rhy" he smiled kissing me. "Adam" he said. "So listen I came by to see your gorgeous daughter and to check on you but to also let you know Shawn rescheduled a few shows in January just until you guys get settled I said you'd yell if it was anything more than that." He said looking at me. "Damn straight" I laughed. "He also said that he still invites you to join the tour, baby and all." I laughed, "tell him that's sweet but I'm not flying to Europe with an infant... Next time" I smiled. "Yea Adam we haven't really discussed what would happen once tour started again" James said. "Then let's discuss, you will tour and I'll stay home" I said. "Rhy I..." "It's okay James I can stay at home alone" I assured him.

**

"Rhy let me help you" James said. "Babe I can walk up stairs I just had a baby I didn't break anything" I said. "I know just thought I'd help" he sighed. I stopped and turned around and kissed him. "You always want to help others. When was the last time you did something for you?" I asked. "Since before I met you" he admitted and kissed me back. "Well then you should start" I said and turned back and grabbed his hand running inside. He shut the door and followed me upstairs. I laid in bed and kicked off my shoes. "Do you need anything Rhy?" James asked smiling at me. "Lay with me" I said. He crawled in and kissed me. "Rhy?" He whispered. "Yea babe" I said my hand on his chest. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem off since seeing Noelle" he said holding me close. "I...I'm fine" I muttered. I got up and walked out to the balcony. James' hands found their way to my hips as he stood behind me. "Baby?" He said softly. "I need to talk to someone James. I know I can always talk to you but I need a professional, I don't think you can help me with this alone." I admitted and I felt horrible. His arms tightened around me, "I'll call someone right now baby" he said and kissed my neck. "I love you Rhy" he said and left to make a phone call. I broke down in tears on the balcony ashamed of myself.