Chapter 27

*Rhyanne's pov

I sighed as I crawled into bed after pizza for dinner. "I've never been so embarrassed" I said as my dress fell to the floor. James tossed his shirt and lifted me up and put me on the bed. "Don't be I love pizza, it was perfect" he chuckled kissing my neck. "James it was horrible" I groaned. He kissed me deeply and I eventually gave in. "Relax, you would be surprised, my mom wasn't much of a cook until she married my dad so don't worry" he said. "But I can cook" "yes I know and you are entitled to a mistake." I sighed and kissed him wrapping my arms around his neck. "You know what I want more than anything?" I asked softly. "What baby?" "I want you," I said pulling him over me. "You got me" he said, I shook my head. "No I want you" I said emphasizing want. He caressed my thighs and kissed me long and hard. "Wait you can't yet" he said breathing heavily from the kiss. "Why?" I groaned. "You just had a baby" he said. I groaned and pulled him down again kissing him. "Mmm Rhy, baby please I won't be able to stop if you keep this up" he moaned against my lips. "James please" I begged. He kissed me and pulled away. "Put this on" he said handing me one of his tshirts. I sighed and pulled off my bra and slipped it on. He slipped out of his pants and pulled me close under the covers. "I love you Rhy but I don't wanna hurt you, they said you have to wait at least 3 weeks" he said. I kissed his chest, "fine but that's what I want in 3 weeks" I said. "Oh really?" "Yes, because after you won me over all I wanted was to feel that connection. I lost my virginity to a man I barely knew and in a short time I fell in love with him. I never had the chance to prove my love, at least not after I fell in love with you and not that either of us can remember" I said.

James kissed me, "as soon as we come home I will gladly let you have me" he said smirking at the thought. I kissed him back and held him close. Before I knew it I had drifted to sleep in his warm embrace. My alarm went off at 7:00 and I groaned. I rushed downstairs to pulled out everything I could start right away before I ran up to check on Noelle and found my dad with her. "Morning" I said walking in. "Morning Rhy" he said still cradling her. "I didn't expect you up" I said. "Well I want some time with my girl and I wanted to let you and James sleep a little longer" He said. "It's okay I had to be up to start the food. I have a lot of sides and once I stick the chicken in I can't do much else" I said shrugging. "Well I'll take care of Noelle and the sides you relax with your fiancé" he said pushing me out. I kissed her lightly and crawled back into bed trusting my dad could handle the sides I had on the counter. "Mmm morning" James grinned pulling me close. "Morning baby" I said kissing him. "Mm why are you up?" He asked playing with my hair. "I was gonna start the sides but my dad offered to, and offered to watch Noelle for a little while." I said and crawled over him pushing his hair aside. "Mmm how about a hot bath?" He smirked. "Sounds fantastic" I said and pulled him into the bathroom. I started the water and pulled off my shirt and tossed it. He tossed his boxers and climbed in. I bit my lip and added some bubbles while it continued to fill and slipped off my panties. Once filled I turned off the water and slipped in with James. "Come here" he smirked and pulled me close. I sat on his lap and kissed him, "mmmm baby I won't be able to stop, come on we agreed" he moaned. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him hard. "Fine," I pouted when I pulled away. "I love you Rhyanne" "I love you too James" I said and relaxed against him.

We relaxed for a while and eventually we washed up and rinsed off the suds and shampoo and conditioner from our hair and got out. I pulled on my red Christmas dress, a mid-thigh length dress with a lace overlay and lace sleeves. I blow dried my hair and decided to straighten my naturally wavy hair. "Why are you straightening your hair I love it wavy." "Cause it's frizzy and gross, I prefer it be either really curly or pin straight." I said and started straightening it. James shook his head and brushed his hair after blow drying it and brushed his teeth by the time I finished my hair. I put on a little foundation and my eyeliner and mascara and brushed my teeth. I looked at the clock, 9:30. Just enough time to put the chicken in and finish making the sides. I went downstairs and found James sitting in the kitchen holding Noelle while my dad finished making us breakfast. "Aww pancakes, hash browns and eggs? Mmmm it must be Christmas Day" I smiled remembering our family tradition. "Morning sis" I said and booty bumped Kat. "Morning sis" she laughed and booty bumped me back. "Dad what can I do? What's left?" I asked. "Nothing I just finished the sides and put the chicken in" he said. "Thanks dad" I smiled. "Hi baby girl!" I smiled and kissed her lightly on the head. "So when is everyone coming?" Dad asked. "Um about 10 the guys are gonna play football and us ladies are going to relax in the peace and quiet and finish cooking" I said and pulled up a chair next to James. "Perfect" dad said and sat down. We ate and I couldn't stop thinking about my mom and how much I missed her despite everything she put me through. I shook the thought when I heard the bell. "I got it" I said and got up heading to the door. "Hi... Chris" I said softly. "Hi Rhyanne," he said and introduced me to his wife and kids. "I'm really sorry about before Rhyanne. I was just reacting to my anger... I wasn't thinking." He said and kept his head down. "It's okay Chris, it'll take a while to get over but I will... Eventually" I said. "Oh merry Christmas" I smiled and let them inside.

We relaxed on the couch with James and my dad and Kat. Kat kept eyeing him, "Kat this is Chris, James' brother" I said. She glared, "for the record I don't like you" she said and dad placed his hand on her shoulder, "Katrina it's Christmas." "Did you forget..." "No but I can bite my tongue for the holidays and so will you" he said and moved his hand. She looked at him angrily. "It's okay sir, I understand completely and I deserve it. Angry or not I had no right to do what I did" Chris admitted. We were quiet after that, only the sound of Chris' kids playing. The house soon filled with the rest of the Valentine's. "Hey Valentine's" Adam called as he walked through the door. I laughed and felt his arms wrap around me, "hey sweetie" he said kissing my cheek. "Hey Adam" I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Hey Bee" I said hugging her. "This is my mom, Patsy" he said. "Nice to meet you Patsy" I smiled and hugged her. "Thanks for having us," she said grateful. "Sam and Liza right?" I asked staring at the two kids behind her. "Yep, my brother and sister" Adam said. "And this must be Michael" I said looking up at a tall young man that looked like Adam. "Right again" Adam laughed. "Nice to meet you all, please make yourself at home. The kids are," "Rhy dad needs some help in the kitchen, he can't find anything" Kat said running up to me. "Okay. Oh Kat this is Patsy, Michael, Liza and Sam, Adam's family" I said pointing to each person I named. "Hi" she said shyly. They all said hi back, expect Sam, who looked distracted and shy as well. I smiled, "Sam are you a musician?" I asked. "Kinda" he said softly. "Kat take him to see our songwriters oasis" I suggested and watched as she blushed and led him outside. "God they're cute" I cooed and ran off to the kitchen.