Chapter 25

*James' pov

"Well... I think we're gonna take a break after this tour" Adam finished. "What do you mean a break?" I asked. "I mean remember how we were going right into the studio when this was over?" I nodded, "well we won't, we'll take a break. I mean with the new baby you need some time and we've been going non-stop for a while I think it will be good for us," Adam explained hesitantly. "Shawn! What did you tell them?" Rhyanne said and I could hear the hurt in her voice. "Only what you asked" he said. "You encouraged this I'm sure" she said hurt and angry. "Rhy what did you ask?" I asked looking down at her. She bit her lip and looked up at me, "I just asked him to watch you. I know it's only a few shows but after today, I just thought it would be a good idea if Shawn kept a closer watch on you," she admitted worried about my reaction. I pulled her closer and kissed her, "thank you" I whispered in her ear and I heard her breathe a sigh of relief. "Guys that's great but, I think we got this." I said looking at her. She smiled faintly and held my hand nodding. "Adam it's sweet but don't do that to your marooners" Rhyanne said. "Marooners? That's what they call themselves?" He asked smiling. She nodded and laughed a little.

"What else do our marooners say?" He asked curiously. "Haha well, a lot you should check out the fan pages they are crazy!" She laughed. "It's the reason I haven't posted anything about James and me" she smiled. Adam took her phone and opened Instagram and we all scrolled through. "Wait a minute this is a fan page!" Adam said realizing it and looking up. She blushed, "I never said my Instagram was a personal page!" She laughed. "Well where is the fun in that?" I said. "Fine I'll make it a personal" she said and found a picture on her phone and uploaded it with the caption "20 likes for a selfie? :) " and hit share. Within 5 minutes she had 20 likes. She took a picture of herself making a funny face and captioned it, "waiting for the hate! #sorrynotsorry #maroonergirl #ihavesecrets ;) " we laughed reading it and watched as she uploaded it. She set it aside and we ordered dinner. "So how's the page?" Mickey asked. She looked at her phone, "holy shit!" She laughed and showed us the comments. "You're THE Rhyanne mason?!" "Ahh what?! What's it like dating James?!" "Can you get Adam to give me a shout out?" "So lucky! #jealous " "this is a fake guys! Why would she have a fan page?!" I laughed and look her phone. "Yes I am!" "Cause I love the guys! I was a fan before the voice duh!" "He's amazing and sweet and perfect!" I wrote replying to people before taking a picture of Rhyanne and me kissing and posting it. I saved it and uploaded it to mine, "so glad my girl is okay! Just waiting on my daughter! I love you Rhy! I love you Noelle! #feelingblessed #relaxingwiththebest #inlove " I posted and waited for the feedback. The food arrived as we were messing with Instagram. Shawn and I both got up to get it, "I got it" I said. He shook his head and followed. I opened the door and was handed the food and was about to pay when Shawn did. "I have money Shawn" I said. "Yea I know but I felt like it so shut up" he laughed and helped me carry it all.

We set the food on the coffee table and I looked at my phone. "Haha oh god! My feed just blew up! Look at this!" I said as the picture of Rhyanne and me kept being reposted and my notifications went crazy. "Mine too!" Rhy said and laughed. "Wait I got an idea gather round lovelies" Rhy said and we surrounded the couch around her. I pulled her on my lap making room for someone else and she held her phone out, "ready?" She asked and took the picture. We were squished but you could see us all. She uploaded it, "the ladies crashed the guys meeting! Oops! #bee #haley #stephanie #shawn #adam #matt #mickey #sam #pj #james #bandmeeting #2daystillxmas " she wrote and hit share. "Okay dinner!" I said and kissed her breaking open the bags and passing out food.

*Rhyanne's pov

"Aww okay bye Sam bye PJ" I said hugging them a while after dinner. "Bye Rhy, take care" they said and kiss my cheek. Shawn came up behind me and hugged me, "I better go too" he said. I hugged him, "thanks Shawn, really for everything," I said and kissed his cheek. He grinned, "any time Rhy." I walked them out and shut the door. "So what now?" I asked sitting on the couch again with James, Adam, and Bee. "I was informed that we were lounging in the pool" Stephanie said. "Perfect" I said and ran up to change. We all relaxed in the pool, the guys rough housing in the deep end and us girls relaxing on floats in the shallow end. "So Rhyanne, how do you feel?" They asked. "Pretty good I guess." I shrugged and looked at them, "it'll be different when she's home I know and that's why I'm nervous James will be on tour when she can come home and I'm scared I'm still gonna hate her and I won't be able to take care of her" I admitted shamefully. "Rhy we're here for you, anything you need, we've been there" Stephanie said, "okay well I've been there" she laughed. "Thanks Stephanie, that means a lot." I said.

2 days later**

"Wake up Rhy," James said kissing me softly. "Mmm no" I said hiding a smile. "Wake up love of my life" he said. I pulled him down and curled up with him. "Morning" I sighed. "Morning, guess what?" He said smiling brightly. "What?" I asked running my finger down his chest. "They said that Noelle is doing amazingly well, her lungs are fully developed and she's gained about 2 pounds" he said. "Wow they're really packing on the food huh" I said. He nodded, "so our beautiful 5 pound daughter can come home today" he said softly. I bit my lip, "really?" I asked. He nodded again and pulled me close. "Listen baby doll I love you both so much but I loved you first, I've loved you for a long time and I'm not gonna leave you ever," he reassured me and I nodded and kissed him before taking a shower. "You can do this Rhyanne, she's your daughter, James loves her but he loves you too. He's going to marry you" I assured myself as I turned my ring around to admire it. It was gorgeous. The diamond was small, simple, not as big as he wanted I'm sure but perfect for me. Diamonds surrounded it on either side in what looks like almost an infinity symbol. It was downright amazing. I took a deep breath and finished up. I wrapped a towel around me and applied my moisturizer and mascara and walked into the bedroom. James was gone but you could hear him. I dressed quickly in a pair of jeans and tank and grabbed one of James' sweaters while slipping on my vans.

"James?" I called out still no answer. I looked around downstairs and finally spotted him by the car. I grabbed my bag and an outfit for Noelle and headed outside. "James baby?" I asked and looked at him, "how do you do this?" He asked aggravated. I giggled and kissed him, "I'll show you." I took the base and unhooked the seat so I could see and hooked it in and put the seat back. "That's it?!" He asked. I nodded and he shook his head. "I love you Rhyanne, you are going to be an amazing mom, me, well I won't be dad of the year" he said. "Of course you will" I insisted and kissed him again. I bit my lip and he caressed my cheek then kissed me, "you can do this babe, I'll be there every step of the way" he said and opened the door for me. I got in and sat anxiously as he drove. He finally pulled into a spot and got out. I just watched him, I couldn't bear to move. After waiting a moment he opened my door and leaned in unbuckling me, "come on babe" he said and held my hand. I followed him inside and we headed straight for the nursery. We walked in the room that Noelle had been in and a nurse was holding her. She was so little but she looked much healthier. It's amazing what 2 days can do. She was breathing perfectly on her own, and the nurses seemed shocked that it happened so quickly.

"She is a Christmas miracle" the nurse said and handed her to me. "Yea I guess she is" I said and cradled her in my arms. I looked at the nurse a moment, "mind if I sit for a minute?" I asked. She shook her head

and left and I sat down. I looked at her, "hi Noelle" I whispered. "It's mommy." I bit my lip, "I know I'm giving off some uneasy vibes, but I'm working on it baby girl, I promise" I said. I kissed her head and closed my eyes. I saw a picture of my mom, she looked like I felt. I remembered asking her about it when I was about 6. She shrugged and said "I wasn't ready, you weren't planned and I was scared, I thought you ruined my life, I hated you." I opened my eyes and stared down at Noelle, "Rhy, you okay?" James asked and he was kneeling beside me. "I think I can do this" I whispered. My eyes trained on her, her bright beautiful eyes like James stared back at me as I started a familiar tune. "Beauty queen of only 18 she had some trouble with herself." I started softly. James joined in and by the chorus I was in tears. I stopped and James kissed me. "I think you'll be just fine" he whispered and I knew he was right.