3.3 Ashes in the Wind

3.3 ASHES IN THE WIND

Lennon walked through the lunch room scanning everywhere looking for a seat. She saw Spencer towards the back and walked over to the table.

"Took you long enough to get here, lunch is almost over now," Spencer said chomping down on a hamburger.

"Yeah I was having a chat with Baze," Lennon said smiling a little, picking at her hamburger.

"You mean to tell me you haven't told her about him yet?" a small voice said from behind Lennon. Lennon turned around to see a small girl standing and holding a tray. A disappointed look read clearly across her face.

"Wait, what?" Lennon asked, looking from Spencer, then back to the girl.

"Sit down Amber," Spencer said rolling her eyes. "Were not trying to make her paranoid, so no, we haven't told her," Spencer continued as the girl sat and stared at Lennon.

"She doesn't look like a pure blood," Amber said while pushing her glasses up as they had fallen to the tip of her nose.

Lennon stared at the strange looking girl. She was very awkward looking, yet fascinating at the same time.

She wore purple rectangle shaped glasses, and even though they sat in front of her eyes they did not distract you from them.

Her eyes were a light amber color. They were beautiful and reminded Lennon of the eyes of a cat.

She had straight dark red hair that went just passed her shoulders.

She was a heavy set girl she wore a yellow t-shirt and a pair of jeans. She had dark exotic features about her, but she bore no accent that Lennon knew of.

"Um I'm sorry, but how does she know that?" Lennon said shooting Spencer a look.

"She's like us, sort of," Spencer said giving her attention again to the hamburger that sat on her lunch tray.

Lennon looked at Amber. "Oh, you're a Warjile too?" she asked smiling.

"Hell no," Amber answered, still staring at Lennon. She reached over and pinched Lennon's arm.

"Ouch!" Lennon screamed, grabbing her arm. A few of the people sitting at a closer tabled turned around and stared at them.

"Really Amber?" Spencer asked rolling her eyes, "What are you going do? Shove her in a test tube next?"

"I just thought she would look different or something, being pure and all," Amber said with a disappointed look on her face.

"I'm confused. I thought she said you were like us." Lennon asked.

"Actually, I said sort of," Spencer chimed in.

"I'm a shapeshifter," Amber said proudly.

"She's a Shrew," Spencer said almost cutting Amber off.

"Can I talk, please? God, she's such a know it all. Anyway, yeah, that's what I do. And I heard you're like the shit or something. I mean, from what Spencer said you turned energy into matter! I still get goosebumps thinking about that! You think you can show me sometime?" Amber continued.

Sam walked up and took a seat beside Lennon. "She's here," Sam said leaning forward trying to whisper to Spencer.

"Like as in right now? This second? Holy shit, you have got to be kidding me! Can a girl eat her damn burger?" Spencer said pushing her tray away and looking around cautiously.