4.7 The Next Chapter

Miles away, Sam drove on the interstate driving north to New Jersey where she had a family. She had lost everyone she loved in one day. She wondered what Lennon was doing?

Probably with that thing she thought to herself.

How could she have been so stupid? She knew already that it wasn't meant for them to be together and yet she still had faith that maybe, just maybe the vision had been wrong. That someone had made a mistake. That was all behind her now. She had to move on, Lennon was behind her. She had her future ahead of her.

≈≈≈≈≈≈

Lennon staggered through the woods.

Branches scratched at her face and tugged on her hair.

She walked for what seemed like a lifetime. The sun had set and darkness was all around her. She walked blindly into trees, stumbled over fallen tree and fell into mud holes.

She walked till she heard passing cars, she headed towards it. She soon came to a busy road; cars passed and honked their horns as they passed not stopping for the girl desperately waving for one to stop.

A few moments later a blue older pickup truck pulled to the side of the road and a handsome man opened the truck's door from the inside.

"Hello, Mrs. Lennon. Well, my momma was right. She said I would find you here and to pick ya up and bring ya home, so hop on in. Don't be shy now ma'am. Come on now. You're not going make me chase ya now are us?" he said with a friendly smile and face.

Lennon desperately searched his mind to see if he was telling the truth and it seemed he was. She was too tired to question or argue. She got into the car and sighed with relief.

"So I heard you have been busy eh?" the boy asked.

"Would you mind if we just didn't talk? I've had sort of a bad day," Lennon asked staring out the window, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Sure, I'm Brylin by the way, ya know, just in case you were wondering. Your names Lennon right?" he asked.

"It doesn't even matter anymore I'm nobody," she said softly.

"Well lil' lady you're safe now. You just rest, we will be home soon," Brylin said tapping her hand which rested on her knee.

Before her eyes flashed her future.

She saw many battles and more loss of loved ones.

She saw her and Brylin holding hands and she saw Sam and her in what seemed to be a heated argument, and Baze, she saw Baze, but he was standing over Brylin as if he had defeated him with a wicked look of satisfaction, then, she saw a baby, a beautiful baby with Lennon eyes and a familiar smile, who's she couldn't tell.

She seemed to have more ahead of her in her future than she thought.