3.9 War

3.9 WAR

She felt her world around her spinning. Is this love? So many things flashed through her mind.

Sam's voice ran through her head. She cared about her, but was it as a family member? She had an attraction to her that was for sure.

She just didn't know what it meant. She had never found another girl attractive. It must be all of the craziness that had been going on with her life.

But then again, what if it wasn't? What if it was something that needed to happen, such as fate?

She continued to hear Sam's voice playing over and over again in her head. It kept getting louder.

Lennon could feel herself slipping away.

There was Sam's voice again, repeating her name over and over again.

"Lennon! Don't you dare leave us! Wake up Lennon! Wake up!" Sam's voice kept screaming.

Lennon opened her eyes. She couldn't make out anything but shapes and light.

"She's awake!" Sam screamed. Lennon's eyes began to focus. She could make out Sam who was sitting on the ground holding her in her arms. Spencer was standing over her as well.

There were other faces, but none of them that Lennon knew. "What's going on? Where's Baze?" Lennon asked in a drunken manner.

"Lennon we thought we had lost you," Spencer looked at Lennon sympathetically.

"I was so worried we lost you and I wouldn't get a chance to tell you how sorry I was for being such a jackass!" the desperation for forgiveness in Spencer's voice was so moving that it brought tears to her eyes.

"It is like it never happened. You were emotional. It happens," Lennon said sitting up.

Moments later four people came running from the woods that were beside the park. "We caught up with him," one said out of breath.

"Did you kill him?" Sam asked.

"No, he was too quick and he escaped us," the girl said.

"Who? What are you saying? Where is Baze!?" Lennon said with franticness in her voice.

"Lennon you don't know what he was. He was consuming your energy, he has been using you," Spencer said reassuringly.

"You don't understand! He told me everything. He wouldn't hurt me, Spencer," Lennon said trying to get up from the ground. But it was too soon, she was still weak.

"Lennon we got here right before you were both destroyed. His kind cannot absorb and consume a pure Warjile by himself. He used you," Sam said looking suspiciously at Lennon.

"He saved me! I tried to kill him and endangered myself and he saved me. What did you do Sam?" Lennon said.

"Hush now girl," said a voice coming from behind her.