Author Spotlight: @angerbda

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

"Yes-man"

What was your nickname at school?

I didn't really have any. Friends just shortened my first name...

I think, the only nickname I ever had was the one my sister gave me, few years ago: 'Tetra Pak'

When you were a young padawan, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a jet fighter pilot... even went to all the tests and all...

Firefighter sounded good also...

I ended up flying a lot and extinguishing fires also... though not in the primary sense I wanted it to be

What is your favourite quote?

Probably 's: "History is the long, difficult and confused dream of Mankind."

Other than writing, what hobbies do you have?

Napping!! I nap as much as I can... the kids don't let me often, though :)

I also practice Aikido... it gives me the occasion to travel... Not that I don't travel because of work, but this type is more enjoyable.

Then, there are also the regular reading and playing games...

As your crew cast your lifeless body into the core of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads.

Well... that's a tough one.

Can I have a compilation of Poledouris work? I'd like some 'Conan' and 'Starship troopers' music among it...

Then, The Boom 'Shima Uta'... this ones gives me goosebumps every time I hear it

One more (make it 4 please!!!): I think Karl Orff's 'Carmina Burana' would be splendid

What was the first piece of writing you were ever truly proud to have written?

Most likely my first letter to Santa... though I don't remember what I was about... I sure did receive gifts after that!

Who is your all-time favourite author? How much - if at all - have they influenced your writing style?

There are a lot... I'd go with Gilbert Cesbron, a French author. He wrote after war, about social topics essentially. He had a way to write about emotions and feelings, what went through the head of his characters... It got me wanting to understand the characters in the books... and people around me, though I don't understand most of the time... people are illogical to the core...

Do you have a muse?

Not really... My ideas usually come after discussions I have with Hubby... or when I look after the kids playing... Well, does it count as Muse?

We had an interesting discussion recently about the coding of information using DNA... Coding in base 4 and not just in binary. I think if I mixed this with aliens looking for a runaway that ended up millennia on Earth and looking for the information that was in its DNA... you could explain all the kidnappings by the little green men...

Yup... most of my ideas come this way. Just a talk of weird ideas with hubby...

Walk us through your writing process. How do you begin and how do you decide when a story is done? What do you use to write, and whereabouts do you use it?