What's wrong?

"What are you talking about?"

"We gave Zenix and Brian the house. They live together now."

"Oh no!"

"What!?"

"They were talking about the prisoner. They might be planning on ways to harm him or her!" Aphmau said loudly.

"Aphmau! You have to be quiet! We can't be shouting about this. People can't hear us! Plus we don't know for sure. They might be playing us."

"I guess but we also don't know where they are. They might be right outside listening in on us!"

"Aphmau, your just being silly."

"GARROTH!"

Both Aphmau and Garroth jumped. Aphmau drew her sword and Garroth walked out slowly. Both look around the area to see what was bothering their conversation.

"Garroth, I don't see anything."

"Aphmau? You heard it too?"

"Yeah."

"GARROTH!"

"Who is there!?"

"Sorry Garroth! I didn't mean to scare you!"

"Dale?" A tall brown figure with dark blue spots stood at the front of the hill.

"Sorry Garroth."

"It is fine."

"Hey Aph." Dale said "Nice house."

"Aphmau, it is Dale. You can lower your sword. You know him." Garroth said. He looked worried. Aphmau didn't flinch.

"Aphmau?"

"Aph! It is me Garroth." Garroth said. He placed his hand on her collor bone. "Trust me Aph. I am right here." He said softly. Aphmau lowered her sword. She blinked.

"So sorry Dale! I didn't recognize you." Aphmau says as she drops her sword.

She stood there and cryed. Garroth looks at Dale who shrugs and both go over to confort her.

"What's wrong Aphmau?"

"I could have harmed you or killed you if Garroth wasn't there." She said.

"What is really wrong?" Garroth asks. He let go over her and stands back.

Dale holds Aphmau tighter with a concern look on his face.

"What do you mean Garroth? She feels bad because she didn't recognize me. I would feel the same way." Dale takes her inside."Rest Aphmau. It is going to be okay." Dale says reassuring. He closed the door.

"Garroth! What the heck!? She felt bad and you act as if she was doing it on purpose!"

"Dale, somethings wrong with Aphmau. Some really wrong." Garroth says as they walked into the village.

"What could it be?"

"When I found her she looked beaten up." Dale explained.

"Hmmm, maybe someone attached her, again. That's twice now, but why?"

"She was only gone for the night. Who ever hurt her will pay!" Garroth said angrily. Dale calmed him down.

"We shoud send out defence. The nee docks, old lord's home, Aphmau's house and the outskirts of course. But it has to be groups going. But we don't have......."

"A lot of guards?" Dale asked with a concern look.

Garroth nodded. He was staring at the ground.

"Where sre we going to find more guards before night fall?"

"Villagers."

"Who? All the guards have posts."

"What about Brendan? He is good." Dale said looking up at Garroth who looked up slightly worried.

"Do you want to risk a non-fighter's lifes? A important at that. And his job? What does he do?"

"Farmer."

"Oh wow."

"Male, single, loyal, and farmer." Dale read from a file.

"Well, he leads a sad life."

"Hey I am single, male, loyal but I am a guard."

"With training."

"Yeah?"

"I am loyal." Garroth pointed out.

Dale tryed not to laugh.

"Whatm"

"Oh nothing Garroth." Dale turned and laughed.

Garroth ran up behind him and jumped on his back. Both tackeld each other to the ground. They laughed and layed on the floor.

"Dale?"

"Yeah?"

"We have to get ready. We should get Brendan if he's coming. Grab some armor, bow, sword, and arrows for him. That way he can chose and protect himself. Garroth said as he went to the sink.

He washed his face while Dale grabbed the gear.

"Garroth?"

"Yup."

"You really wanting to have him risk his life."

"I gonna pair him. He will be safe, promise."

"It is dangerous. I don't want him dead. Please just do the village."

"I'll pull him with you if you don't shut up." Garroth laughed.

Dale smiled. He didn't want anyone but him to be paired with Brendan.

"We have to go. The guards will be safe."

"Okay. Let's go and get this done with."

The two walked to the shealter. The shealter was the tree the guards now lived in. Dale looked at Garroth. He nodded and went inside. There, Zenix, Brian and a few other sat. Brendan wasn't there.

"Guards, you know you groups...."

"Pair."

"Yes sorry,  your pair." He said eyeing Dale, who was smiling out at the guards.

"Garroth?"

"Yes Zenix."

"Brendan."

"Yes. He is your pair."

"But he's a farmer." He said concern.

Dale stopped smiling and held his breath, hoping Garroth would change his mind. But instead nodded.

"Well where is he?"

"Here." Brendan said nervously.