Mom?

"Why the hospital?"

"Lev."

"Oh."

We walked back to the alley and I crawled under some crates. I saw a little trap door and slipped in.

The floor was dirt and hard. Like no water has touched it. It was hot and I started to sweat.

It was a looming hallway and I could see a small light coming from behind bars. I quickly ran down.

A woman was laying on the bed with a towel on the side of her head. She was breathing and opened her eyes.

"Hello?"

"I am here on Levin's behalf."

"My son?"

The woman quickly told me about herself and her son's past.

"People are out for you?"

"Yes. My son. Irene. He's a ah!"

She put her hand to her head. She was in pain and wasn't up for much talk. I grabbed from my satchel some medicine.

"For the pain."

"No pain. Please hurry away from here. Don't let anyone hurt my boy. He is of Irene's bloodline. Descendent."

"He's what!?"

"Shhh! Quite child! My son is in Irene's bloodline. Her descendant. Please hurry to him. Never bring him back here. I forbid it. You are to be him mother. The man said he would leave him with someone he trusted. You have proven your worth of my child....."

A noise came from the hallway.

"Please save him. I love him."

"I will."

"Go hide in this armor."

She pointed to the armor on the stand by the key hook. I looked at it before sliding into it. I put my mask on over my mouth and nose.

"Your name?"

"Matilda."

"Nice to meet you Matilda. I am Aphmau. Who took your son and put him on my door step?"

"Someone I trusted to make the right decision for my son. And he did. I am happy he chose you. You look like you would make a great mother."

"What are you doing Jack?"

"Who?"

"Don't play stupid with me."

"I was getting information from this woman."

"Good job but your shift is over. I wilk be questioning her now go report your findings."

"Yes sir."

I looked back and saw Matilda's straight face. I ran back to the Inn.

I took the armor off and pushed it into the bushes. I rushed in the Inn.

"Madam?"

"Yes sir?"

"Rushed?

"Nah."

"You are. What is wrong hun?"

"Nothing. Just a little homesick. I will be off soon."

"How long have you been gone?"

"A long time. I am going home to my son. He is a small child."

"Age?"

"He is turning four tomorrow. I gave birth and had to leave him three days later. He is growing up quickly."

"Is he with your husband?"

"My husband?"

"Or was it a on......"

"No, I never married fearing this. I left him with his father. I plan to marry him when I get home."

"Well I will let you get ready to go home to your family."

I thanked the kind man before running to my room and getting my stuff and returning the key to the front desk.

"I wish you luck."

And now I had to find the small ship before it left.