Welcome Fain

I got off the boat and ran up the rigid stairs to the tiny house. I ran in, dropping all my stuff on the floor and ran down to the basement-ish area and found Zoey feeding Levin a bottle. I ran up and Zoey handed me him. I hugged him tight to my chest. 

"Is this your son?"

"Who are you?" Zoey demand. 

I heard Fain's voice and a sword being drawn. I quickly spun around and saw the two holding weapons. Zoey had a light pink glow around her and a dark pink pink ball floating in her palm.

"NO!"

"Why not? He is a threat to him! I can not let you have him if you are willing to risk his life!"

"He is not a threat! Sir Dante order him to be here. His name is Fain. And I would NEVER risk Levin's life! Is that clear?"

"Yes Lady Aphmau."

"Good. Fain, this is Zoey, and my son, Levin. I am so sorry I left you and on Zoey's behalf. I wanted to be with him."

"I understand."

"He is going to Sir Dante right now with me. Thank you so much for looking over my son."

"Wait, Aphmau."

"Yeah?"

"You said son."

"Apon finding his birthmother, she is on a death bed. She said to claim him as my own. I am. He is my son now."

"I see."

"Ready Fain?"

"Yes Lady Aphmau."

"Call me Aphmau."

"Okay Aphmau. Is Guard Dante a fair guard?"

"He is. He has been helping watch over Levin. He is a fair and caring guard. He has a daughter and a son. He is kind don't worry."

We walked all the way to the guard tower. Dante was outside with his head down.

"Dante!"

"Lady Aphmau!" He ran up to me and hugged me.

"Don't crush Levin!"

"Ah young Levin. What did you find out about him? And who is this?" He said pointed a dagger at Fain.

"Amanda's son, Fain. He was with me on my journey home."

"My brother is Tyler. He saved Aphmau on her way to find Levin's mother. I am the younger brother."

"Tyler's your brother!?"

"Yes."

"Tyler did training here. Then he moved on."

"He's a guard in Scaleswind."

"Good for him. You here for it too?"

"Nah, basic training and then hopefully the art of Apothecary. It is a beautiful study. It might help me and fellow travelers. I want to get into the Apothecary Ward."

"The Ward is very high up. I can see why you want training in the art of guardsmenship. Well thank you Aphmau. And Levin?"

"I am the sole person."

"Ah, well Fain will be helping you if you don't mind. And if I trust him. You two seem to be getting along."

"Me?! A infant!? Ummmmm!?"

"Yes you. You and this fine lady seem to be getting alone very well and....."

"Fine?"

"Ah! Sorry my lady!"

"It's okay Dante. I am just teasing you. I would love the help of apprentice Fain. He will be of much help to us. Good luck Fain and I shall prepare a room and bed for you at my humble abode. Me and Levin should be off now. I want to be with my son for a bit Sir Dante."

"Of course Aphmau. And you don't have to be formal with me. We are not stangers."

"I know Dante. But it's still a good habit. If you run into a formal village, then you should know how to treat them. But thank you both. Me and Levin appreciate it."

"Thank you L- Aphmau! I am excited to help out with your son."

"We are too. See you soon."

I walked out with Levin. He was looking around with his large eyes. I smiled and he grabbed my finger.

We got home and Thorgi jumped up at my legs.

"Well hey there Thor! How's my little one doing? Careful Thor, I don't want drop Levin."

I laid him down and started to cook. Thorgi laid byside Levin's bed. They both fell asleep withen a few minutes. They are adorable.

"Is this house big enough for all of us? What if this happens again? I can't turn hopeless people or animals away. But I would get them taken away if I keep them here. It is a wonderful home but Levin....he's going to grow up in this small home. I want to be a great mother. I have to be. He's depending on me. But the money! I would have to take up a huge job. And several small ones. Just to pay for Levin. And then update the house. I can't give up on him."

"I am going to make this work Levin." I whispered to my son as I rocked him in my arms after picking him up.