My son

"My son."

"You have a kid!?"

"Don't worry about it. Suit up kid. I will get Zenix."

"Okay."

That boy better tell the truth. He is in big trouble.

(Dale's POV)

"He's going to get himself killed Mol."

"He will be fine Dale. He will have Zenix."

"That's not what I am worried about. I don't trust that Zenix kid."

"Zenix is Garroth's son, isn't he?"

"He is."

"Why don't you trust the boy? You are friends with his dad. Brendan's big boy. He will be fine."

"Mol? What if Alexis when out?"

"Lex is a baby. I think you are just super sensitive because of her."

I turned at looked at the two. Molly was holding our month old daughter. Her eyes where drooping. 

"That a girl!"

"Your baby is almost here. How are you doing hun?"

"Ood."

I held my wife's hand. Her mask consorted her words. She was very strong. 

"You are so strong Mol."

"No."

"I know I wouldn't be able to lay on  a cold table and let people slice open my stomach."

"It isn't ike that."

"Oh yeah and lay my guts in a bowl."

"Dale!"

A cry came from behind the curtain.

"Would you like to cut the cord Dad?"

I looked at Molly. She closed her eyes and nodded. I stood up and cut the cord. She stopped crying when I cut it. She smiled, and reached out.

"She knows her daddy."

That was my baby girl.

"She really does know her daddy." Molly said.

(Molly's POV, still flashback)

Dale gently paced around the window holding our baby. He was very muscular and the nurses thought he was going to crush her. I had to tell them it was okay to let Dale hold her. After sending Brian to Guard Academy, he became  very consumed by work. Garroth would bring him home when he fell asleep from hour on end at work. He started to come home at night when he found out I was pregnant. He would practice outside the house to protect us. 

Now he would be even more alert. I was worried.

"Hey! Molly!?"

"Dale?"

"Are you okay Mols? You are pale."

"Yeah. Sorry."

"What were you thinking about?"

"When we were in the hospital with Lex."

"You two need rest. I am going to put you two to bed."

"Two?"

"Yeah. Come on sweetheart. Alexis is asleep. I am going to put her in her bedside crib. I am on patrol tonight. Goodnight sweetpea."

He kissed my head and set Alexis in her bed.

"Dale! Get you butt over here! Why are you late!? Your son is early!" Garroth yelled.

"I was with my daughter and wife." I said angrily.

Zenix was laughing with Brian. Brendan stood stiff when I looked at him. 

(Brendan's POV)

Dale stormed in after Garroth yelled at him. He walked up to Garroth and extend his neck so he was in his face. 

"I was with my daughter and wife."

He was so mad. He noticed me. His face formed a soft, sad smile. Then my helmet fell over my eyes and the mouth guard fell making a loud noise. I could Zenix and Brian laughing.

"Hey kiddo." Dale said, gently pushing my helmet up with his finger.

"Dale!"

"I think we could get you a better fitting helmet next time." He smiled.

"Really!?"

"If you make it to next time." Zenix said.

He flung a dagger at the wall next to me.

"ZENIX!"

"Yeah?"

"Knock it off!"

"What is going on? You all should be gone! Brian, get your butt out here!" Garroth yelled.

Dale left, glaring at Zenix before wishing me luck with a smile.

"Don't mess this up kid. I am worth way more than you and your family. Listen and you probably  won't die tonight." He said.

His eyes glowed red while he threatened me. I shook and he spat on my helmet. Then ripped the dagger out beside my head. He pulled his helmet on and ran off into the forest. 

I ran as fast as I could to the old lord's house. We walked the site before Zenix got bored and started to throw the dagger at the old trees. He jumped and swung his foot around as he threw his dagger. It pinned a squirrel's tail to a old stump. 

"Let it go." I said.

"What?"

"Let the squirrel go. We need to be on-guard for attacks. This is where that girl was hurt."

"Aphmau? She is new and weak."

"Aphmau isn't weak. She helped me out. She is so nice."

"OH! I forgot you are a orphan and anyone that gives you a second glance is a parent to you."

"NO!"

"Shut up Brendan, it isn't good to lie."

"You are a jerk."

"What was that, kid?"

"You are a jerk!"

He walked up to me. He was tall and scary. Then pain rushed through my chest. I tried to scream. The night sky faded into blackness