Chapter 3: Chat's String

So if you haven't yet, check out my other story Learning to Love. It is also a ML story. It is mostly Adrienette. Anyways, back to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys! So I have endured a breakthrough! Exciting right? Anyways, after you summon your string, after a few times you can see it even if you just think about it. Basically, when I think about the string it shows up, which is helpful so I'm not squinting as much because it hurts my eyes. Now it will be easier to see who is on the other end! Exciting stuff you guys!

-----------

Marinette was in her room, walking around chairs and dressers unraveling her string stuck in between them. There was a center knot in the middle of her room and it was around all of her furniture.

Tikki was taking a nap and she began to wake up. "Marinette, why are you walking around like that?" Tikki asked noticing Marinette awkwardly walking around furniture.

"What?" Marinette said leaving her deep concentration. "Oh, Uh, I'm unraveling my string." Marinette said realizing how crazy it sounded.

"Oh okay. I wish I could help." Tikki said with a sad face.

"It's okay, Tikki. It's nothing to worry about." Marinette said with a smile towards her kwami. She began to walk around her room again untangling it.

"Finally." Marinette sighed. She unraveled it and it led out of the window. By now it was dark and she remembered about her lookout with Chat Noir.

She transformed and looked at her red string tied around chimneys and in knots with other strings. "Another time." She said with a sigh and a slight smile.

She swung across roofs until she saw Chat Noir sitting on one of them. She sat next to him seeing him looking at his hand. She remembered that he was trying to tell her something the other day while looking at his string.

"Hi, kitty." She said sassily. He didn't respond. "Hello?" Ladybug said waving her hand in front of his face.

"Oh!" He said knocking out of the trance he was in. "Hi, My Lady. Your look meow- nificent like always." He said with a slight smirk.

Ladybug rolled her eyes and noticed Chat looking sad again. "What's wrong?" She asked putting her hand on his shoulder.

"It's just-" he said with a sigh.

"Does it have to do with what you were going to tell me the other day?" She asked looking forward to see his face behind his hair.

"Yeah. How did you know?" He asked looking up at Ladybug with a curious look.

"You seemed sad about it the other day. I just assumed." She said with a shy smile.

"Promise you won't call me crazy?" He asked seriously.

"Pinkie promise." Marinette said. She giggled in her head from the pun she just made. Their pinkies latched on to each other and Marinette felt a sort of shock on her pinkie.

They both pulled their pinkies away. "Ouch." Chat Noir whispered as Marinette rubbed her recently shocked pinkie.

"You felt that too?" Chat Noir asked seeing Ladybug rubbing her pinkie.

"Yeah. You shocked me." Ladybug said with a chuckle. "Now tell me." She said with a comforting smile.

"Okay. So the other day I was walking home from school and this red string appeared on my finger and everyone else's." He said holding up his pinkie.

Marinette watched as the string wiggled on his pinkie. "And it keeps disappearing and coming back." He said confused and angry with the string.

"Really?" Ladybug asked with a whisper.

"I know it's weird, but I swear I saw it." He said shaking his head.

"I know. I know. I believe you." She said smiling.

"I know you prob- wait. You believe me?" He said taking a double take.

"Yeah. I can see mine sometimes, too. It only showed up recently, but now I can see it on command." She said smiling at her pinkie.

"How do you do that?" He asked. He really wanted to see the red string.

"Okay do what I do." She said grabbing his hand.

"Close your eyes tight." She said as they bothed closed them. "Say, 'Please, red string show up, please.'" She said squeezing his hand a little. Chat began to blush.

"And you have to really mean it." She said opening her eyes as he still held her hand.

"Please, red string show up, please." He said slowly opening his eyes.

"My Lady, I can't paw- live it actually worked." He said standing up and letting go of her hand.

"Yep." She said with a smile as she stood up. "And after a while you just have to think about it and it shows." Ladybug said laying with hers making at wave around causing all of the other strings to move.

Chat watched as they all shook even his. "It's pretty cool, huh?" He said looking at all the strings in the distance.

"Yeah. I can't help but think who is on the other end." Marinette said daydreaming about Adrien.

Her miraculous beeped. "Looks like I have to leave now, kitty. See you later." She said throwing her yoyo which wrapped around a roof and she swung all the way home.

She laid in bed thinking how weird it was that her and Chat Noir both could see their string. She didn't think much of it just about Adrien on the other end. She fell asleep with happy thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~

I put some Ladynoir in there for you guys. Hope you enjoyed it!
Love,
Lauryn