Chapter 4: The Beginning

Hope you guys are doing well! If you like this story you should go check my Important Update section of Learning to Love to vote on which story you would also like to read!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys! Guys! I'm definitely not crazy! I mean I can't be if someone else sees their string too. Unless Chat Noir is crazy... No I'm sure he is not he just tells to many puns. Evidence, people!

-----------

Marinette was at school. She was too focused on her string to be paying attention to the English lesson.

"Mrs. Dupain- Cheng!" The teacher yelled finally grabbing Marinette's attention.

"Huh?" Marinette said rapidly blinking paying attention to her teacher.

"What is a phrase that uses like or as?" She said upset at Marinette for not listening.

Chloe and Sabrina began to laugh at Marinette.

Marinette ignored them and answered, "A simile." She said nervously.

"Correct. Try paying attention next time, won't you?" The teacher said crossing her arms.

"Yes, ma'am." Marinette nodded sitting up straight. Class ended and Marinette was walking with Alya.

"You have been out of it for days now, girl. What's up?" Alya asked Marinette giving her a nudge with her shoulder.

"I don't know if you'll believe me." Marinette answered softly.

"Come on, girl. Of course I will believe you." Alya said sassily as she stopped walking and wondered why her best friend would say such a thing.

Marinette pulled Alya to a corner away from people. "Okay." Marinette sighed. "There is a red string on my finger." Marinette said showing Alya her pinkie.

"Girl, there isn't anything there." Alya said confused with Marinette.

"That's the thing. This string is invisible to most, but it can be seen by some." Marinette responded confidently. "Your just the many." Marinette smiled.

"What does the string represent?" Alya asked.

"It is connected to my soulmate. The other end is tied around their pinkie." Marinette explained.

"Okay, but why can you see it and not me?" Alya asked.

Marinette never really thought why it just showed up one day. She just accepted it and tried to bring it back. "I don't know." Marinette replied.

"Well you should figure it out, girl!" Alya exclaimed.

"But how?" Marinette asked. "I can't ask the string why it showed up." Marinette laughed.

"Well what was going on when you saw it?" Alya asked.

Marinette began to think.

Flashback...

Marinette was about to defeat yet another akuma. They were known as The Love Hater. They were mad that a girl chose his best friend over him.

He went around throwing sharp triangles at people because he was part of a love triangle. It was sad really, but she kept attacking.

While the villain was throwing the triangles, Chat Noir was blocking them. "I can't purr- fectly reflect these triangles for that much longer, My Lady." Chat said with a smirk while he was starting to hurt because of the swinging of his stick."

"Lucky Charm!" Ladybug yelled. She got handed a sheet of reflective material. "A trampoline sheet. Okay I guess this will work." She said shrugging. She grabbed Chat Noir and pulled him behind a wall.

"Stay still Chat." She said quickly strapping it to his feet and then handing him the other ends. "Distract him." Ladybug said motioning him toward the villain.

"Meow-ch!" Chat yelled letting go of the string giving her enough time to try and tie up the villain.

The villain threw another triangle at Chat Noir making him jump towards Ladybug. She threw the yoyo at the villain before noticing another string in the corner of her eye.

Next thing she knew, she was being pulled. She fell into Chat Noir's arms.

Present...

Marinette realized. Chat catches her. She was pulled towards Chat. No it couldn't be true. Maybe Adrien was walking by and he jumped out of the way and she got pulled too.

"Do you remember?" Alya asked.

"I uhh. Yeah. I gotta go." Marinette replied doubting the thought of her love being Chat Noir.

She got home and she lated on her bed. She kept thinking about all the options and she convinced herself that it wasn't Chat Noir. She convinced herself that it was just a coincidence that she fell of that Adrien just happened to fall too.

There was absolutely positively no possibility that Chat Noir was her soulmate and that was final.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It was a little short, but I hope you understand how the red string showed up better.
Xoxo,
Lauryn