Chapter 18: Back To School

So last chapter I had this 'narrator passage' is what I guess you would call it. I really liked writing it because it made me feel like some sort of Cupid poet or something. Idk I'm weird like that. Time for the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It's my first day back since the accident. Me and Adrien told each other that we loved each other and it makes me really happy. He said he hasn't had the time to look for his string because he had been grounded for skipping class.

Anyways, today is the day I go back to school and I'm a bit nervous about it. I haven't been in about 3 weeks to recover. Thankfully Mr. Duclose is letting me stay in my class and the teachers decided to help me with what I missed.

Being Ladybug was easy though because Tikki could heal me while I was saving Paris. The only problem is it made my miraculous wear out quicker because she had to use all of the extra work. I just told Chat that I had gotten hurt, but it was nothing to worry about and that he needed to help me through it and he has. Now I just needed to get ready for school and hope that no akuma's attack me at school.

-----------

Marinette was getting ready for school. She got in her usual outfit and looked in the mirror. She lifted her shirt to show the now faded bruises from where her broken ribs were. "Tikki, it still hurts." Marinette said as she lightly pressed on the bruises.

"Of course it does Marinette. The doctor said you had another week until they were completely healed." Tikki smiled looking at her.

"I'm just so clumsy. I'm scared I'll fall." Marinette said putting her shirt down and walking to her stairs.

"You just need to be careful. Perhaps some Lady Luck will be on your side." Tikki said before she flew into Marinette's purse.

"I hope so." She sighed as she slowly came down the stairs sort of hopping so she didn't hurt her damaged foot.

She felt pain, but she put it aside. She walked down to see her mom making breakfast. "First day back! Are you excited?" Sabine asked as she put a plate down for her.

"I guess so. I'm so behind on all of my school work." Marinette said taking a bite.

"I know but you will catch up. Your a smart girl." Sabine smiled. "You should get going you don't want to be late."

"Okay." Marinette responded as she got up.

She had a black cast like thing wrapped around her foot. It made her walk unevenly, but it didn't hurt to walk which was helpful. She walked over to the front door and grabbed her crutches just in case.

"Bye mom, dad. I love you!" She yelled as she left. She heard a faint love you too from them as the door closed.

A black limo began to stop in front of the bakery. It was Adrien. "Marinette!" He said as he got out. "Do you want a ride?" He asked kindly. He kissed her.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be to much trouble." She said to him.

"Of course." He responded as they walked to the limo. He helped her in and they went to school.

They got there and Marinette walked to the steps. "I forgot these were here." Marinette said looking to see no railings to help her up.

"Here. I'll help." Adrien grabbed her bridal style and carried her up the steps and gently placed her down.

"Why thank you." Marinette smiled as she got back on her crutches. Marinette slowly walked up the railed stairs, putting both feet on each step to not put pressure on the fractured one. Adrien helped her.

"How much longer are you grounded?" Marientte asked guiltily.

"Only 2 more days." Adrien smiled.

"I'm so sorry for getting-" Marinette began to apologize.

"Getting me grounded. I know. It's no big deal, Marinette." He said as they got to the top. "I still love you either way." He smiled as she smiled back.

They walked into class. As soon as they got in Alya hugged her. "Marinette! How are you, girl." Alya asked.

"My foot is fractured but other then that I'm great." Marinette responded. Everyone began to say, 'welcome back', and, 'look who is back?'

"How are you doi-" Sabrina began to ask before being interrupted.

"Sabrina!" Chloe yelled at her.

"Welcome back." Sabrina said quickly before running to Chloe.

They sat down in their seats. Nino and Adrien turned to look at Marinette and Alya.

"How are you doing, dude?" Nino asked with a smile.

"Good. Thank you for asking." Marinette smiled.

The rest of the day everyone asked her how she was. She made a plan to stay after school to catch up and Adrien and Alya said they would help. She was grateful, but all she could think about was Adrien's string. And if it was so attached to hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eeeeeepppp! Let me know what you think about it.
Baii,
Lauryn