Chapter 9: The Movies

This story is getting a lot of views! Thank you so much to everyone that reads it you all are amazing! (Ignore the 3D glasses on them.) Now for the chapter...

~~~~~~~~~~~

We have reached a breakthrough! I, Marinette Dupain-Cheng am going on a date with the Adrien Agreste. I mean, I basically cried the whole time and he was the one to plan the date, but I still told him how I feel. Life is good. For now at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm actually really surprised that Marinette asked me out. When she told me as Chat about her feelings, I didn't think she would do it. I mean I hoped that she would, but that's different. I just hope she likes the real me and not the fake me. Not the model who everyone knows.

-----------

Marinette was getting ready for her date with Adrien. She wore a lose white shirt with a bow at the top the sleeves went right under her elbows. She also wore a high waisted tight fit mini skirt. She had black flats with little bows on them and her signature pigtails.

"Tikki, I'm so excited." Marinette said putting on a bracelet.

"This is the moment you have been waiting for, Marinette. I'm so proud of you for telling him how you feel." Tikki said smiling at her.

"Me, too." She said grabbing her clutch. Marinette opened it and Tikki flew in.

She headed downstairs to see her eager parents. "Oh, Marinette! We are so happy for you." Sabine said holding her hands under her chin as Tom put his arm around her and nodded.

"Thanks mom, dad, I love you." Marinette said hugging them.

"I'll take you." Tom said kindly to Marinette.

"Okay. We should get going. We have to be there in 10 minutes!" Marinette said happily.

They left and Tom left her there. She waited at a bench on the outside of the movie theater.

Hey, I'm sitting at the
front of the movie theater
when you get here.

I'll be there soon. 😊

Okay. See you then! 🙂

Marinette waited there looking at the darned red string wondering if it would tell her who it was connected to. If it would guide her to her soulmate, if it would guide her to Adrien.

"Marinette!" Adrien said as he saw her sitting on the bench.

She stood up and turned to see Adrien coming towards her. "Hey." Marinette said with a small smile.

"Here." Adrien said as he gave her a small white rose.

"This is beautiful." She said smelling it. "I'll save it." Marinette said as she turned a little so Adrien couldn't see Tikki as she put the rose in her clutch. Tikki gave her a wink. "I'm so sorry I didn't get you anything." Marinette said with a sad face.

"It's fine. I didn't expect anything." Adrien said smiling. "Do you want to head in?" He said.

"Sure." Marinette smirked as they walked to the ticket booth.

"Two tickets." Adrien said as he choose the current popular romance movie.

"Do you actually like romance movies?" Marinette asked as she walked with him into the theater.