Chapter Sixteen The Guy

Mark and I were still at the hideout,it was getting pretty late when Mark asked me if I wanted to go for a walk I said yes,so he locked up his office and we left.

It was a beautiful night for a walk barley no cars and just the street lights illuminating the street we were walking on, the starts were shining and the moon was full.

"It's so nice tonight" Mark said cheerfully.

"Yeah,it really is we should do this more often" I replied gripping his hand.

"Well as nice as it is,are you ready to start heading back before it gets really late" he asked stooping both of us.

"Sure, I'm tired anyway" I said turning around and walking back with him.

The street was deserted no walking people no cars only a gas station down the street was open,everything was nice until some guy grabbed Mark and pulled him into the alley way next to us.

I ran after them to see the guy tackled Mark to the ground throwing punches.

"GET THE FUCK OFF HIM" I yelled running forward and pulling him off.

The guy turned to me and pushed me down I hit my head off the wall and my vision became blurry but I could still see the guy had picked Mark up and pushed him against the wall with a gun to his stomach.

My face flushed and panic set in as I saw the gun,I quickly stood up and remembered the gun in my back pocket from shooting earlier,I pulled it out of my pocket and aimed it at the guy my hands shaking like crazy as fear overwhelmed me.

"GET THE FUCK BACK NOW" I yelled pointing the gun at his head both him and Mark were shocked.

The guy looked scared but didn't back up I feared the worst and pulled the trigger,shooting the guy in the head as the image of his final moments burned in my head.

The guy fell over onto the ground as a pool of blood formed around him,everything around me stopped as sounds were muffled an I couldn't move I just stood there wide eyed shocked at what I did.

I moved my eyes to the gun in my hand then back to the corpus then back to the gun,I threw the gun down onto the ground and looked at my shaking hands as tears welled up in my eyes as I repeated the word 'no no no' over and over again.

I felt a hand on my shoulder then one on my chin lifting it up,I was met with brown eyes as Mark tried to talk to me but I couldn't make out anything he was saying, I heard sirens in the distance and saw Mark looked up in panic and back down to me he grabbed my hand and started leading me away from everything that just happened stopping to pick up my gun.

Next thing I knew we were in the car and Mark was buckling my seat belt and closing my side as he got into his he kept asking me if I was okay and telling me everything was alright but I couldn't respond I couldn't say or do anything.

I ruined someone's life, I killed someone,it's all my fault.

The car stopped and my body moved itself I dragged myself into the house and went instantly to the couch I couldn't process anything it's like someone was controlling me,like I was some kind of puppet.

I put my head in my hands and finally let the tears fall as my sobbing got louder I saw Mark's knees in front of me Indicating he was kneeling in front of me,he grabbed me face and pulled it out of my hands and pulled me into a hug I cried on his shoulder and hugged back tightly.

"Shhhh baby I know I know" he whispered rocking me back and fourth.

"Let's go to bed and relax okay" he asked pulling out of the hug and grabbing my hands.

I shook my head no,there was no way I was going to be able to get some sleep after what just happened I just needed to be alone for a while.

"Baby please" Mark begged.

I shook my head again and stood up from the couch heading towards the bathroom I closed the door behind me and locked it standing in front of the mirror.

Looking back at me with red puffy eyes was a murderer this was not me but in some sort of sick way it was.

Looking at his smug face made me sick I found myself screaming and violently punching the mirror causing it to break I watched as the blood trickled down my hand as I heard pounding at the door.

I grabbed big chunks of glass and began throwing them or cutting myself with them.Then the bathroom door swung open and I was met with Mark who grabbed me by my shoulders and lead me out of the room.

I realized I was still screaming and my hand hurt like hell but I deserved this,I closed my mouth and stopped screaming looking down at the damage done to my hand then up to Mark who was staring at me with tears running down his face begging for me to calm down.

"M-M-Mark" I sobbed latching onto him.

"Shhhh it's okay baby just please please please calm down" he whispered.

After a little while my breathing and heart beat went back to normal and Mark fixed up my hand I looked over to the clock to see the time 2:57.

Mark and I had been up all night but I looked over at his side of the bed to see he was asleep I don't blame him for being tired after dealing with my meltdown.

I decide to go for a walk considering I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep and since Mark's house was in the middle of the woods it would be nice to go out.

I slipped my shoes on and a jacket and stepped outside and just started running I don't know where I was going or how long I would be out I just knew I had to keep moving.

After a while of running I got tired and sat down by a tree and closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.

--------