Spill The Beans

Before she knew, Caroline was out in the streets of New Orleans wandering around aimlessly, as if looking for something, when in reality she had no idea where she wanted to go. While her mind was occupied with some other thoughts that had to do with a certain Original hybrid, she has not realized that Katherine was walking up to her. At some point, neither of them stopping at their tracks, they stumbled upon each other, almost losing their balance and falling on the ground.

"Hey, watch where you're going, blondie."

"Oh, Katherine. I am sorry. I didn't see you."

"Yeah, apparently. But what's up? What has gotten you all worked up?"

"N-Nothing. What would you think that?"

"No reason. Just that you are all over the place. You seem a little frustrated."

"Um, no everything is just great. Peachy." Caroline answered in a not reassuring tone at all.

"Peachy?! Really, Caroline? Now, you have to tell me." Katherine insisted.

"Fine. Klaus sort of shocked me." She admitted at last.

"What?! He killed someone?! Listen, you should know that-" Katherine started explaining Klaus' habits, but she was shortly cut off mid-sentence by Caroline.

"He kissed me!" Caroline urged to deny her assumptions and confess what actually happened.

"Oh, wow. Didn't see that one coming." Katherine mumbled more to herself, than actually referring to Caroline.

"He's just so, so, so-" Caroline stuggled to find the right word, but nothing seemed fit enough for the man that Klaus Mikaelson was.

"Charming, beautiful, jaw-dropping sexy?" Katherine rushed to complete her sentence.

"I was going for annoying and selfish." She claimed, even though that was not what she was thinking at all.

"Oh, come on. Admit it. You like Klaus." Katherine teased her frenemy.

"No way, in the centuries of ever." Caroline quickly denied with peristence her absurd 'accusations'.

"Right, because you'd never want that kind of person. A man who is strong, protective, funny, astonishingly handsome and looks at you like you're the center of his world." She defended her hunter for no apparent reason.

"Right- Wait, what?" Caroline started saying, before she registered what Katherine had uttered.

"What?" Katherine shot back at her, obviously amused seeing a flustered Caroline.

"Let me get one thing straight. I'll never, ever, ever like Klaus Mikaelson." 

"You know denying the truth is not good for anyone. Especially, yourself." Katherine interferred in, what seemed to be, Caroline's way of coping with things, which was indeed denial.

"Since when do you care about my relationship status?" Caroline tried to disorientate Katherine from the subject.

"Since Klaus is the one that cares for you, meaning less possiblities of me dying." She explained herself.

"Of course, this is about you." Caroline states ironically.

"Hey. I am not that self-centered." Katherine pointed out with emphasis.

"Yes, you are." Caroline verified.

"Okay, I'll prove it to you. Tell me how was it."

"Katherine!" She exclaimed in surprise.