Chapter -13 Filmfare Awards

Since this book is like my way of making my dreams come alive, you have to deal with the next few updates ;-) *smirks*

I had always imagined Alia to be this star performer up stage and people (including celebs) cheering up for her and the audience going bizarre. So to make that happen I had to stretch this into a Filmfare chapter series. I know it might look odd but that's how I want to project my thoughts into. 

~~ DEDICATION~~

To my first wattpad bestie, my twin and my soulmate who understands my soul :  @sarcasticallly :)) Cheers to many more coincidences. I love you the most my boo ^.^

....................................................................

1 WEEK LATER

(November End)

Award seasons are like the ultimate wedding seasons. You dress up, meet and greet, eat, dance, get appreciated and feel loved. The only difference is that when your name is called up, you go up there and receive it with a humongous smile and show off your oratory skills by an acceptance speech. It's not everyday that you get to congratulate and felicitate the best performers from the film fraternity. It also marks as a token of love and respect to those who work relentlessly to make sure that the audience who come up to the theatre with loads of expectations are not left with disappointment. That they leave home with a smile. And when all the glittering stars up the sky come under one roof, down the earth, it's a night that screams HUNGAMA HO GAYA !

Therefore the most prestigious of them all, casually called the academy awards of India, the one and only FILMFARE AWARDS , makes the night even more worth it. And the one's who get the oppurtunity to receive the celebrated 'Black Lady' are the chosen few lucky ones. It represents everything GRAND & GLAMOUR.

[Alia's P.O.V]

Red carpet walk was definitely on my bucket list since I was like nine years old. I had seen my elder sister Pooja walk with poise and grace. I've seen my parents flow through the carpet, hand in hand. And I had promised myself that one day I'll walk down the same lane. Today I have walked on numerous red carpet shows with the grace of God.

I was finally ready for the night. I am hosting the grand show this time with rannu. Fubu and Kjo will join in for certain short segments in between the show. Excitement is at another level naturally. Makers of the show and Jitesh Pillai, editor of filmfare have put all their trust on me and rannu to be able to pull it off effortlesslly. And based on that respective trust, we are allowed to not follow a particular rehearsed script for the show. We are I guess the first one's to speak without a proper script and narration. 

I decided to wear something unique and different that I haven't worn before at Filmfare or at any awards night for that matter. My costume stylist Ami Patel and my hair stylist Ayesha Devitre  franctically ran to find that one outfit which  would perfectly compliment my looks and in which I would be comfortable.

As they gave me a coverage into the entire closet, my eyes fell on a fabric of cloth which Indians have been embracing since time immemorial. It gives an Indian women, her much needed confidence, zeal, zest and edifies her beauty tenfold.

Every single female on this planet would look beautiful in a SARI !

Yes! I knew what I was going to wear tonight. I could feel my stylists staring wide-eyed at me when I tried to pose in that sari draped over my casuals. "Als! are you serious about this? A sari?You have never worn one except for your film 2 states" said Ami trying hard to change my mind.

"You're completely wrong! She wore her first ever sari at our 12th farewell party and she looked fucking gorgeous in it!" a reply that sounded so familiar. I turned around to see my angel in distress standing near the door leaning onto the wall beside. There she stood, my childhood bff Akansha Ranjan, smiling wide at me with that knowing look of hers. I quickly left whatever I had in my hand onto the beanbag nearby and went on to give her a tight warm hug.