Chapter -17 The show must go on

I realise that I hadn't updated as per promise. Sorry! Was busy and the damned electricity and wifi never work at times. So this is my 2nd last filmfare update..last part will be updated after I come back from Kerala!! So as per Janta demands....here it is!! 

..........................................

[Alia's P.O.V]

It was now time for dance performances. Jacqueline Fernandez was up with her item. We were ready to announce her entry to the stage. Kapil was for only one segment and in that short span, he had created enough havoc. "So now its time for 'Jack -to-lean- on me"  Rannu spoke with a grin so huge that the audience couldn't help but laugh at his eagerness.

"Hain ? What did you just said ?"  I asked. "I meant hamari Jackky Chan! For more convenience, we can put it like :  'Jack- lean -on me ! Howz that ? " he asked. The crowd roared. "Very funny. Double minded dumbo"  I hit his head and he chuckled.

"So Ladies and Gentlemen, its time for Jacqueline Fernandez to dance out her way to your hearts"  Rannu screamed. The audience clapped and cheered. Before leaving the stage, he muttered in a dreamy husky voice "Jack-Lean-On-Me!" I had to literally drag the nautanki towards back stage. She gave a fab performance from hit songs of her film Roy and Kick. After her exit, we came along with fubu.

"Baba! Im so obsessed with DDLJ  yaar"  said Fubu. "Your obsessed with what? I thought you were only obsessed with food"  rannu winked at our gang. Fubu made a pouting disappointed face. "Nahi baba. Im obsessed with you too"  Fubu said gleamingly. Girls hooted for them.

"Really ? Me toooo ?!" cried Ranveer and they hugged each other with a dramatic quotient. They surely emitted bichde-hue-saathi -feels.

Eww, gross!

I tried to pull them apart and stood in between them. "Hello, I'm also present yaa. Continue your bromance after the show"  I warned sternly.

Rannu's bulb got clicked all of a sudden "Why don't we guys enact the famous 'Bauji-Simran' scene from DDLJ here?" Fubu and me shook our head in excitement and audience whistled away. Thank you Lord for gifting him sudden intelligence. Otherwise we could have flopped the show knowing we had no backup as a script! 

"But there will be a change. Dialogues will be slight changed with improvisation so will be the scene"  Fubu explained.

"For example ?"  I asked with my eyebrows raised up in doubt. "Like you'll play the role of Raj (Hero) and I'll play Simran (Heroine) while Baba will play Bauji (Antagonist kinda)"  responded Fubu which made Rannu flash his 1000 watt  stupid smile. We nodded cause this sounded fun.

"Okay. For a refreshing change, let bromance conquer .... !!"

We started enacting our play. Ranveer stood near Arjun holding his wrist, trying to separate him away from Raj, i.e poor me !

"Simran, I won't let you go with this idiot! He can't earn anything for himself. How will he look after you ? How will he keep you alive and safe ? You deserve someone thousand times better than him. Not this irresponsible idiot. Come with us"  Rannu acted so fabulously and started pulling Fubu towards himself. Now natural acting is gonna pay the other one, wrist marks tomorrow.

"But Bauji! I would keep your daughter safe and secure all my life. I'll let no harm even come close to her let alone touch her "  I said with shattered voice. Audience were still and kept quiet. A rather annoying 'dhak-dhak' bgm played along the line to create a space for suspense. I was seriously acting my part.

After all the nonsense, Fubu spoke.

"Bauji....mujhe mat jaane dijiye. Bauji main aapke bagair jee nahi sakta!"