Chapter 13

Bea's POV

UAAP volleyball starts today! Finally! I'm very excited and pumped up for our first game later against NU, especially kasi I'll be one of the first six. When coach Tai announced the players who will be part of the first six, I was really shocked kasi naman, I'm just a rookie but coach Tai believes in my potential na, and I'm really thankful. That's why I'm more motivated to get better lalo na during training. But on the other hand, I'm kinda sad kasi Jho isn't part of the first six and I saw how disappointed she was but eventually she accepted it kasi she trusts coach Tai naman.

It's been a while now since Therese and I had our heart to heart talk. I still can't believe I have this so called 'feelings' (according to Therese) towards Jho. Like no, hindi pwede, we're best friends and it's inappropriate to feel something for her. Maybe I admire her lang talaga. But since that day I apologized to Jho, naging mas clingy pa kami. And Therese would always tease and give me her 'you're in love' look whenever Jho and I are close to each other.

We are currently inside the bus, on our way to MOA arena and if you're asking me who's my seatmate, it's actually ate Den. Cause Jho was about to sit beside me when ate Ella grabbed her, so ate Den sat beside me nalang. I took my earphones and plugged it on my phone, I need some music to calm my nerves since I'm really excited.

...

We are now inside the dugout and preparing ourselves, others are fixing their things and some are putting on their jerseys already and here I am trying to find my cadbury chocolate (it's my pre-game ritual to eat cadbury).

I felt someone was behind me.

"Idol ano po hinahanap niyo?"  My fave person.

"Uy beh. I'm just looking for my chocolate." 

"Ito ba?"  She said while showing me a cadbury. I quickly grabbed it from her.

"Bakit nasayo yan? Ikaw ha."

"Duh iniwan mo sa bag ko."

"Okay, if you say so."

"Dali na diyan, mag ready ka na."

"Hug me first."

Then she hugged me. I hugged her even tighter, with her head on my chest.

"Mag-ayos na mga bata later na landi." 

Si ate Ella pala. Tsk she broke our moment.

"Grabe siya oh. Sige na ayos ka na beh."  Jho said and I nodded.

I wore my nike elite socks then my Kobe XI shoes. While tying my hair, I saw coach Tai signaled that we should gather up, guess he has some announcements. I wasn't fully focused with what coach Tai was discussing cause I'm having a hard time putting this muscle tape on my right arm.

"Huy beh!" Jho wishpered.

"Yeah?"  I said, not looking at her.

"Makinig ka nga, first six ka pa naman."

"Paki explain mo nalang sa'kin later beh hehe."

After saying those, I received a Jhoana Maraguinot spike on my left arm. She noticed I was having a hard time putting the muscle tape.