Chapter 19

Max's POV

A group of the Sirens left them, after shooting Autumn. 'Autie,'  I felt so bad for Sylwia. Autumn was her best friend. She trusted her more than anyone, more than Wolf. Hell maybe even more than she trusted her own self. Autumn was the one she joined with. They were inseparable until Autumn began to follow me. That's when Syl moved to the building of beams.

        "Wolf!" I shouted as I looked over and saw Sirens scaling the buildings coming for us. They knew we were here. 'That's why she shot Autumn. Fuck...'  I thought as I looked back at Sylwia. Now someone was holding a gun at her, awaiting the word again.

I looked up to see Wolf shooting arrows at the incoming enemy. So, thinking that Wolf had that covered, I went down to save the damsel in distress. "Sylwia, I'm coming." I said to myself as I jumped to the next roof over and slid down the fire escape.

When I looked behind me two sirens were holding spears, tips to me, and hissing. I smiled as Wolf shot the both of them in the head with a single arrow. We nodded and I continued to run towards her. Killing the remaining three was a piece of cake. Tossing a knife at one, breaking another one's neck, and slamming the last one into the stone pillar that they had the girls tied to. Like I said, piece of cake.

        "Max." Sylwia called. Her eyes widened for a moment and I knew something wasn't right. "Look o..." She began to say, but was a bit late. The Siren master's tail hit me, tossing me sideways into a wall.

Sylwia's POV

I shuddered at the sight. Max was hit into a wall like it was nothing. 'Shit'  was the only thing that came to mind.

The woman now standing in front of me looked normal, but gorgeous.

        "So you're my special girl. You're beautiful, I should've known. A girl with your looks has to have a secret or two." Her face was cover with a grin and almost aspiration. She looked at me like I was her goddess in the flesh.

        "Secret?" I muttered, then she let out a gut wrenchingly maniacal laugh.

        "Of course. Or have you not told your human puppy and wolf lover yet?" she asked then watched my face. "You haven't. Your little mind games won't work if you tell them." she laughed again as my confusion only grew.

        "I don't know what you're talking about." I snapped back. Truly I didn't. 'What mind games? What secret'  kept circling my mind, driving me crazy. 'If she says the word "secret" again, I'm going to break these chains and shut her up myself.'

        "Oh sweetie, you're my special girl. You can tell say it. Tell them your secret, my special girl." her smile grew for a second but was taken over by surprise when my bindings fell without me lifting a finger. She was in utter awe of me.

        "You had my friend killed, kidnapped and hurt another, and were having me tortured," I took a step towards her, pulling my knife I hid from them out. "you really think I'm gonna tell you a damn thing?!" I was furious and shaking a bit. Holding the knife up, I imagined it going through her trachea and right out the back of her neck. Before I moved, it did just that.

Seeing what I had done, I took a step back. "How...?" I muttered. 'She is special. I' so glad! I will make her mine yet.'  Sounded in my head. I stared at5 the body and saw the smile on her face. Then she healed and walked toward me. In shock and fright I reached toward the knife and it flew back to my hand. 'This shit is getting crazy.'  I thought to myself the swung it at the neck again and cut her throat.

But it didn't seem to stop her so I thought of cutting her head off with a sword. then felt something heavy in my hand. The sword I thought of... I was held by one of the Sirens that Max killed. Taking advantage of the weird happenings I swung it at her as  lunged forward, cutting her head off cleanly.

After her body fell limp to the ground I turned to look at it. As I did my vision began to get blurry. I ran over to Max, lightheaded and kneeled next to him. "Max?" I asked then fainted, landing next to my friend as he started to get up.

Wolf's POV

I picked her up and started to walk towards home. I would bring her back to her place and leave her be after tonight. But I couldn't tell her that, she wouldn't want it to be that way. I knew she was going to search for me when I left. But if I left town, went to another place, maybe she wouldn't go that far. Maybe she would stay here where it is safe. Where Max could protect her and help her with her loss.

        "Sylwia, safety." I managed out and Max looked puzzled at first then nodded and walked back towards their camp.

She rested against my chest, still breathing, but hurt. Not physically, but emotionally. She took a hard hit and I don't know if I can get her back. I owe her after what happened today, what I did. I don't think I will ever be able to make it up to her, but I will give her my life if need be.

We got to our safe house and found a room in the mass open space. Setting her down I helped her undress a little and laid with her, holding her tight. Soon the two of us fell asleep together.

        "Goodnight." I muttered. Getting a soft 'goodnight'  back.