Ten//Dinner and Swimming

"I feel sick to my stomach walking in here." I whispered to Brooke and she nodded her head in agreement.

"You're telling me," she agreed, "I feel like I'm gonna hurl. And the idea of eating those Brussels sprouts over there makes the feeling grow." She stuck her tongue out and made a face as if she just ate a lemon.

We filled out styrofoam trays with food. I ate mashed potatoes and gravy, Mac N' Cheese, and corn. I grabbed a can of Coke and sat down at my normal table. I almost forgot Jacob was sitting with us.

"Paige!" Jacob said, waving and patting the seat next to him. I fought the urge to squeal like a little girl. I've never liked somebody this much. Jacob makes me feel some type of way. I'm not in love, I'm only thirteen and turning fourteen next week. You can't be in love when you're thirteen, right? Right?

"Hi." I said, plopping my tray down on the table and sitting in the seat next to him.

"Oooooh!" His friend went.

"Shut up, Hunter." Jacob scolded. The Hunter kid put his hands up in defeat, and laughed along with his other friends. Jacob's face turned a bright pink, and she bowed his head down so nobody would notice.

But I noticed.

I noticed everything he did. I noticed how he plays with his fingers when he's nervous or embarrassed and when he seems bored he draws circles on the ground with his feet. I felt like a stalker for knowing these things, but how could I not notice them? He is an open book, so easy to read.

"Oh, Paige, I might as well introduce you to my friends. This is Hunter, Daniel, Mark, Blake, and Weston." Jacob introduced. They were all very attractive, but I really like Jacob.

"Where's your one friends you've been with everywhere so far? Max?" I asked.

"Oh, well basically his parents didn't like him being so far, so they pulled him." He said.

"So soon?" I asked and he nodded his head. Soon, all my friends and his were at the table and talked for what seemed like forever. You could tell Weston and Harley had a thing going on. I was happy for Harley, she's such a sweet heart. Weston seems really sweet. He's funny, Harley could use a person to make her less tense.

"Let's all go outside to the lake!" Mark suggested, and we all nodded our heads in agreement and ran out to the lake. We sat on the dock and looked at how the moon reflected onto the pond.

"Wanna play two truths one lie?" Ashley suggested, and everybody nodded their heads in agreement to play.

"Okay, I'll go first, then it'll go to my right. Okay, so, first one is I was born in Canada, next one is that I can play the ukulele, last one is last time I took a shower was last night." Ashley said. We all sat and thought. Then it clicked.

"The last one!" I shouted.

"The last one what?" She laughed.

"It was the lie! You took a shower before we got here because you got donut hole powder in your hair." I said, recalling when she was devouring donut holes during our very important plan arrangement.

"Yep. Okay, Jacob your turn." She said.

"Fine. Uh," Jacob hesitated, "Oh! I've got one. Okay, uh, my hair was once fully dyed blue, my real name isn't Jacob, and I hate the color orange." He said.

"I'll say your real name isn't Jacob is the lie." Daniel said and Jacob laughed.

"Nope." He simply replied.

"The blue thing?" I guessed.

"Yeah, you're good at this." He laughed.

"Thanks." I thanked, "Wait, so that means your name isn't Jacob."

"Yeah, it isn't." He said.

"What is it?" Mark shouted.

"Nothing." He said.

"Tell me!" I pleaded.

"No!" He said. We bickered back and forth for a while until I made a compromise.

"If you tell me your name, I'll answer any question you have for me." I offered.

"Any question?" He asked. "Any." I said.

"Fine." He said. He motioned for me to lean on and he whispered, "It's Rolf."

"Really?" I laughed.

"Yeah." He said, getting red.

"Oh, no no no!" I said, stopping myself from laughing, "It's not that bad, it's a perfect name." I lied. Rolf was a hideous name.

"No it's not, but I get to ask you one now. I'll ask you later, I don't have any ideas." He said. I nodded my head and we continued the game.

SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS ABSOLUTE TRASH ITS MORE A FILLER CHAPTER BUT ITS SEGWAYING US INTO ONE EVENT SO YEAH I KINDA NEEDED IT. THE CHAPTER WAS REALLY RUSHED BC YOU GUYS KEPT YELLIN AT ME TO UPDATE, DONT WORRY GUYS I WILL KEEP ON UPDATING I DIDNT FORGET ABOUT YALL.