Fifteen//Now What

He pulled away after a few seconds. I could feel my cheeks turning pink. I looked down and my feet.

"I'm sorry." Jacob whispered, turning away.

"Sorry about what?" I asked.

"That I kissed you. I shouldn't have." He said, clearly embarrassed.

"Jacob. Listen. Look at me." I said. He still faces towards the trees surrounding us.

"Jacob?" I said softly. Still, he didn't look at me.

"Jacob!" I whined, he still didn't look at me. I walked in front of him and before he could even think I pecked his lips with mine.

"See?" I said smiling, "Would I kiss you if I didn't want you to kiss me?"

"No, I guess not." He said.

"Now, sit." I said, walking over to a pile of boulders and plopping down on one of them. I motioned for him to come over, then I patted my hand on the boulder next to me.

"What?" He asked.

"So, now that we can have a civilized conversation, tell me why you were mad." I said.

"Well, I was jealous. I thought you liked him. You probably do, actually. How could you not. He's so much better than me." He said.

"How is he better than you?" I asked.

"He's better looking, richer, smarter, more athletic, and he's way nicer. I don't know why a girl like you is spending time with me and not him." He whimpered.

"Listen, he's not better than you!" I said.

"How?" He asked.

"I wish I could tell you. I can't. Just think of it this way. He's over there all alone, and I'm here with you." I said, smiling. I grin creeped onto Jacob's face and his cheeks turned a light pink. He looked down to try to hide it, but I saw it.

I saw every move he made. From how he puffed on the stray hairs the fell in front of his face in the least subtle way possible, to how he crosses his toes and wiggles them when he's bored. I like him, okay? I like him a lot. And I seem like a stalker now, don't I.