I Could Paint Elizabeth Forever

*Niklaus' POV*

                         The day over at Elizabeth's old house was less than enjoyable but I did it because Elizabeth would have wanted me to. Once we arrived home, Finlay raced out of the car & into the house. That was quite concerning.

"Did something happen back there?" I asked my brother as he exited the car.

"I would have to assume that it was all too soon for her to cope with. I think that now would be the ideal time to show her another way of dealing with stress & pain. It seems to work for you so let's hope that it does the same for her. I'm at a loss & it breaks me down every time she's like this," Elijah appeared to have aged somewhat & his normal, calm demeanour was no longer there.

"Don't worry brother, I will make all right with her world again," I replied.

"I'm not sure I like that statement but do what you must," he dismissed me & walked into the house.

"Nik remember, you're helping her to cope, not helping yourself to her," Rebekah spoke.

"I have changed my ways sister dearest, so have no fear," I wasn't sure if I was trying to persuade her or myself.

I entered the house & headed toward Finlay's room. I knocked & waited.

"I'm really not in the mood right now," the voice from the other side of the closed door said.

"I don't really care," I opened the door & walked in.

"Come on in then," her sass was in full force.

"I know exactly what you're thinking so let's cut the crap. My brother has told me about your troubling past. I want to help," I stepped right up to her face.

"Elijah said that you may know another way for me to ease my pressure without being so destructive," her attitude changed back to her old self, which was a relief.

"Yes there is. I have been doing it for centuries. Has anyone actually given you a tour of the house yet?" I asked & then spotted a drawing on her desk.

"No not yet. I guess with everything that's happened," she observed me walking past her.

"Did you do this?" I picked up the drawing to show her what I was talking about.

"Yes, it's part of my university work. I'm still undecided whether it's finished or not," she replied.

"I would say it's finished. I wouldn't do anything else to it. Has he seen it yet?" I was in awe, she was an artist indeed.

                            The picture was so lifelike it could've been mistaken as a photo. She has an eye for detail & I can see why Elijah had purchased the little gallery. Perhaps it was all for her.

"No I really haven't had the chance," she answered with such shame.

I placed the book back where I had gotten it, "come on, I'll show you around & then you are going to destroy a canvas."

                           She was confused by my statement & I couldn't help but grin. She followed me down the hallway to where I knew would be her two favourite rooms.

I opened the library door, "this is a place that you will no doubt enjoy."

She walked in past me, "this is amazing."

                           She touched the books ever so tenderly. I felt my own breath hitch. This was not a good sign at all. I had to get my head back in the game.