12. Night Changes

Ashley

Italics=song lyrics
A/N I made up that song. And it's so stupid lol..

PG 13

"Come on people, get her ready." Teddy yelled." Doreen clip up her microphone." I had to tell Teddy that I'm not taking off my dress. I can move freely and perform in this dress. Everyone was busy putting things together. I'm ready, microphone equip and they prep me making sure my voice is okay.

I can do this for Nate right? He have done so much for me within the past week. He given me a place to say and most importantly he let me feel at home. I don't care if people will remember me. I don't care if George will see me. I don't care if Nora will arrive and see me. It's time to stop hiding when I did nothing wrong. It's time to be brave. If no one got my back here tonight I know that I can count on three people Nate, Lisa and Jai. They have my back from the beginning and I know they will not left me stranded.

Teddy just went on the stage to talk to the guest "Attention."

"Is Josh Roye here?"

"Finally he has arrived?"

"My patience was getting thin?"

I was starting to get nervous. I was freaking out but there was no time to back down because Teddy is out there giving them hope.

"No Josh has not arrived as yet but we do have someone to fill in until he arrived." They clapped. The light went off making the place dark until a light was focused on the stage. I was getting cold foot. I have never sang in front of an audience before.

"You'll do good" Doreen whispered before pushing me on the stage.

Too much eyes on me. I lifted the microphone to my lips but no sound. Nothing. I was wrong I can't do this. 'be brave Ashley ' I can inside my head.

"Are you a statue or what?"

I scan the crowd for Nathan but I don't see him any where. I'm doing this for him. Where is he?

I grip the microphone harder closing my eyes am ready to sing. I can do this. As I start to say the word I feel a grip on my hand pulling me backwards "what are you doing?" Nathan.

"I'm going to sing. Your guest is so disappointed" I pull my arm from his grip. I was so nervous that I forgotten all the lyrics of Josh song. I can only remember one right now. I don't know if it's suitable for a charity event but I will sing it.

Love me
Love me
Say that you love me

I started to sing. Rocking my hips to the beat. I pulled my hair from the bun that it was in. Swaying my hips to the song dancing.

That's all I ever wanted to hearrrr
I will love you forever
Let me hug you
Let me hold you
Let me touch you
Let me explore your body
And
Take you to places you have never been before

I danced to the melody and I spot Lisa jumping and smiling. I told you she got my back.

I might not be your first but I promise you girl am going to be your last.
I promise you that I will treat your better than your ex
I will be the better next

That wasn't me. I turn to see Nate beside me stroking the guitar in his hand. I gave him an eye as if asking what your doing. He smiled still playing the guitar. This is a surprise to me. I never knew that he could sing. Well there is a lot of things I don't know about him.