Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“How…?”

“Let’s go home now, shall we?” Leon said and pulled me with him. I looked back and didn’t see Kent anywhere. “What about K—“

“My guards will take care of him. Don’t worry. He was just high on something he took. He didn’t realize what he did. Don’t worry,” he replied and felt the squeeze of his hand. I just nodded and followed him.

I knew I shouldn’t just follow someone who might just be my stalker but somehow I felt safe with Leon. As if we had known each other for a long time now. He went to the back door and when we opened it a black limo was waiting for us. The chauffeur opened the door and I went in with Leon right behind me. When the car started moving, he grabbed my hand again and kissed it.

I was at lost at what he was doing. “Why are you…what…?” even my brain was in AWOL. He grabbed my other hand as well and squeezed them tight as he kissed them again. I was practically melting when he did it. “I’ll tell you in the morning, instead. You’re exhausted with all that’s happened. You deserve a break, Tristan.”

I frowned at him. “I alre—“

“Sleep,” he kissed my forehead and before I knew it I blacked out.

88888888888888888888888

I opened my eyes when I felt movement and fast replaced with a soft ground on my back. It took me a while to realize I was in bed. I turned to my side and saw Leon crouching next to the bed and staring at me, almost lovingly.

“Leon…?”

His eyes widened and he carved a smile. He pushed the wavy strands away from my forehead and kissed it. “You’re finally here, Tristan. You’re here,” he said gently. I grabbed his wrist. He looked at me confused.

“Who are you and how do you know me?” I finally sat up with the mantle around my waist. “You know me but you can’t remember. It’s better if you sleep first. I’ll inform your superior tomorrow that you’re asking an extended compassionate leave,” he replied. “What!?” I exclaimed, one leg out of the bed already but he held it there.

“Tristan, I will tell you everything in the morning, I promise. But you are exhausted. Don’t deny it. I can feel you are tired and lonely with everything. Please, rest and sleep. I’ll stay with you until you fall asleep if that’s what it takes,” Leon said, almost begging. I stared at him trying to make sense why he was doing this.

“Are you…did you just kidnap me?” I asked as it was one of my suspicions. To my surprise he let out a loud laughter. “Far from it, but in a way…something like that.”

“But I don’t have anything…”

“Oh, you do. You just don’t know it yet.”

“But—“ he kissed me all of a sudden and I fell back to the bed with Leon on top of me. He must stop interrupting me while I was talking. I was never the type to do this with a stranger but then again I felt that Leon was special. But I can’t put my finger to it. Something inside of me wanted this, wanted Leon but felt like I couldn’t trust him just yet.

He pulled away before I could push him and there we both stared at each other, as if we were both each other’s long lost love. He rubbed his thumb on my swollen lips and as if he could read my mind he said, “I know. I feel it too. It’s strange. I promise I’ll tell you everything in the morning. Good night.”

He gave me a quick peck on the forehead and left the room.  I fell back on my bed and finally began to be embarrassed.

How could I let someone I only met few hours prior to kiss me? I was surprised but felt like this was meant to be. I stared the ceiling and the lord of the dream began to overwhelm me.