Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Leon’s POV

“Tristan!” I patted his cheek as soon as he closed his eyes. I had read that the patient will fall into a deep slumber for a period of time in order for the potion to take effect. However, this meant that the witch, in this case Rene would be unable to sleep as he was now the bearer for the poison. But, that was why Saul was with him. He was Rene’s source of energy.

“Let him sleep,” Saul’s voice boomed from the hallway. I looked up and saw the dried black liquid down on his shirt. He seemed to notice where my eyes were staring at and he shrugged. “The poison is dead once it leaves the body. Rene is resting now from all the vomit. But we’re sure the poison is not completely out of the system yet. Tomorrow night, they both will need to do it again,” he said, leaning against the door frame.

I looked down at the sleeping beauty in my arms, mesmerized how calm he looked now. “Until when?” I asked.

He shrugged. “Until the poison is completely gone. Rene had a feeling the poison was the reason why he couldn’t find his core and usually he’s correct,” he replied. I nodded to him. “So be it. I’ll bring him to our room to sleep. Alec’s in the kitchen making some tea.” He peered to the kitchen and said softly to me.

“Is Kade really going through with the taking over the house thingy? Because to be honest, he doesn’t seem to be interested in things other than Alec,” he admitted. I put my arms under Tristan’s neck and knees as I hauled him up. I shook my head at Saul. “We need Alec to explain further about it anyways. I also want to know where did he finds out about it. And if it’s true, I want to contact Kade,” I replied as I moved pass him and went to our room.

I gently put Tristan on the bed and removed his shoes. I quickly changed his clothes to his pajamas and covered him with the duvet. After confirming he was nice and warm, I went back out to the kitchen to see how Alec was doing.

When I stepped into the kitchen, I saw Alec was making some sandwich on the kitchen counter. “I hope Rene doesn’t mind me taking over the kitchen temporarily. I’m sure all of us could use some light supper,” Alec said as he noticed me coming in. I smiled at my old friend despite being younger than me. I shrugged. “My house, my kitchen. Go ahead,” I said and sat on one of the chairs at the counter. “What are you making anyway?”

“I saw there were chicken slices in the fridge so I just sauté them for a bit and add some lettuces. Also, I made some egg sandwiches as well. The tea is over there,” he gestured to the silver pot on my left. I nodded in acknowledgment.

“How’s Tristan?” he asked. I sighed. “He’s sleeping. He’s supposed to be sleeping but I’m not sure how long,” I admitted, taking one egg sandwich that has been cut in half into triangular shape. “Oh, this is nice,” I realized and bit some more. Alec chuckled rather proudly. “Sandwiches are my forte to be honest. Kade loves them the most,” he said and placed three of each sandwiches into a plate.

That reminded me.

“Is Kade really going to go for it?” I asked carefully. Almost immediately, the smirked was wiped out of his face. “He can’t really say no. After all, our father saved his life,” he said. Alec stared down at the sandwiches, as if reminiscing the past.

“I’ve heard of it beforehand. Few years before your father passed away, he took in a man to be one of his subordinates. So it was Kade?” I started. Alec nodded his head. “Kade promised my father that he will protect me as soon as we found out we were soulmates. Now, Will is taking advantage of it,” he replied. “God, why in the world is he my brother!?” he exclaimed frustratingly. “Kade obviously didn’t want to because he’s a laid back guy and if he can earn money by lying down doing nothing he would take it,” he added as he flailed his arms.