Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Tristan POV

I was uncomfortable with the idea of resigning immediately but both Leon and Rene were adamant about it and I was certainly understood the reason for it.

Saul was coming back tonight and Leon insisted that we perform some kind of cleansing ritual thing to get rid of the poison from my body. The poison wasn’t any ordinary ‘human’ poison. It was a kind of substance that would only worked on wizards and witches. Apparently, the poison that had been polluting my apartment water system was the kind that stops or eventually ‘kill’ the wizard’s magic. From what Rene explained to me later on, the use of the substance was never to be administered directly like what happened to my apartment. If they miscalculated the dose, I would eventually be dead.

Kent called me as soon as he received the news that I was resigning immediately and that a representative from Lockheart Inc. came personally to deliver the check to pay for my one month notice. And it was none other than Rene himself, the General Secretary of Lockheart Inc.

Leon was doing some work at his desk while he insisted me to stay with him in his office. I told him I could start now but he preferred if I had done the cleansing before mingling with his other employees which were both wizards and other mystical creatures and humans.

I half laid myself on his huge couch meant for client’s lounging in his office with a magazine in my hands. He did tell me to try to focus on my power of detecting people through their emotion last night.

I would try and it was hit and miss. I would have this feeling like someone was coming up to the door and there would be more than one person coming in to see Leon. At times, I failed to detect anything beyond the room. I believed the poison was truly hindering my ability as how unstable it was now.

“Can you at least give me something to do?” I whined finally after finished reading the corporate magazines for the gzillionth time.

Leon peered his green eyes at me and smirked. He stopped typing and rose up from his seat to walk over to where I was half laying. I gazed up at him without moving as I saw him stopped right between my legs.

He pushed my legs open with his knee and I was basically sprawled over the couch with him looming over me.

He stared at me with a longing and affection look in his eyes which in turn made me feel hot. He was wearing a dark grey suit with red and white stripe tie and black suede shoes. He continued to stare down at me and when he nibbled his lower lip I felt like I was on fire. My black denim felt constricting and I felt like taking off my V-neck white shirt.

I squirmed under his gaze and my eyes glanced down at his tented crotch. I licked my lips looking up at him questioningly. He was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. I instinctively brought my legs up to my chest and Leon rolled his eyes before letting out a silent curse.

“Come in!” he announced as he walked over to his desk and sat at his regal chair. Rene’s stepped in carrying a paper bag and looked over my way and nodded his head in greeting. I smiled at him and picked up a random magazine.

“Rene, Saul emailed to me that Alec will be accompanying him back here. Do you think it’s a good idea for Alec’s position to do so?” I heard Leon started. I glimpsed towards them and Rene was already sitting comfortably at the visitor’s chair across Leon. The older man seemed thoughtful for a moment.

“From what I see, it could be a disguised visit. About what, I cannot be sure. We just have to wait for them to arrive tonight,” he replied. “Tristan,” he called me. I got up, setting the magazine back to the table and walked over.