Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Leon’s POV

Dinner was done and now all of us were sitting near the fireplace just right behind the living room. Tristan offered to prepare coffee for all of us while Saul ‘borrowed’ Rene for a while even when the older man protested and struggled. Tristan quickly went to the kitchen with a blush as soon as Saul carried Rene away.

I may need to talk with Saul about his raging libido.

Alec was staring at the fireplace, occasionally blinking. I sunk back into the sofa with crossed legs. “Something happened, Lec?” I asked. He looked up at me and grinned painfully.

“Prevatte is over,” he uttered and glanced down to play with his nails. “William will not listen to me nor to our parents. He’s basically crazy with power. But I’m sure you know about that,” he chuckled. I snickered in return. “I know I shouldn’t tell you this but he has no intention to give the tender to you, Leon.”

Immediately I frowned. I understood that William was stubborn and power craze but he wasn’t stupid. I tried to think of a reason why he decided it was the best choice but couldn’t think of any. Alec seemed to catch what I was thinking and sighed.

“He wanted to do it on his own. And we don’t even have the fucking budget!” Alec threw his hands in the air as he rose from his chair, exasperated.

“Oh!” Tristan exclaimed in surprise. I chuckled to see his shocked expression as he came in with a tray of drinks and some biscuits.

I beckoned him to come in. “Sorry about that, love. I forgot to mention that Alec is also a drama queen,” I said. Alec glared down at me and kicked my leg playfully.

Tristan’s POV

After I put down the tray, I looked around and saw that both Saul and Rene were gone. As soon as I opened my mouth to ask what took them so long, I felt this amazing tingling sensation coming from the door. I turned to actually see a red translucent fog-like threads curling and twirling near the floor. I followed its trail and as soon as it reached me, my eyes widened in recognition and my face immediately reddened.

“What’s wrong Tristan? What are you looking at?” Leon’s voice distracted me and I opened my mouth to say something but my eyes kept wandering at the red curls. I didn’t even notice when Leon had stood in front of me and holding my arms. The red threads were curling my legs now and I felt a shiver creeping up to me.

I looked up and I knew he could see the flush on my face. “Breathe, Tristan. Tell me what’s going on? Why do you keep looking at the floor?” he asked, looking very concerned. I looked back down and to my relief the red threads retreated back from where it came from.

I exhaled in relief and slumped against Leon’s chest. He ran his fingers along my nape, calming me down as his other hand rubbed circles against the small of my back.

“What’s wrong?” Alec’s voice stirred me from my trance and I looked back to Leon who was already frowning in worry.

“I saw…red threads curling from the door,” I pointed to the door where we all came from. “And…it was Saul and Rene’s.”

Leon and Alec had confused looks on their faces and I didn’t blame them. I knew it had something to do with Saul and Rene and I could actually ‘feel’ their emotions running through the threads. And it was sexual.

I shivered again. “I mean…oh god, this is embarrassing,” I said as I slumped down on one of the nearby couch and covered my face with my hands.