Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Tristan stared at the man who claimed to be his fiancé. “What?”

“Before that, let me answer your first question. You are here because you just turned 23 which will make you a legitimate heir to Master Seagraves, your grandfather.” Tristan was still trying to process the first claim Leon had said and now he was told he was an heir? To a man he had never met?

“Wait. Who is this Seagraves? Both of my grandfathers died when I was little. You had the wrong person,” he replied. He felt a bit crestfallen that he was nobody special but considering the circumstances, he wouldn’t regret it.

Leon smiled sadly. “Your grandmother was pregnant with your mother but she left him before he knew about her.”

Something tickled the back of his brain. He remembered wondering why were his aunts and uncles on his mother’s side didn’t look similar to his mother. His mother told him it was because they had different fathers. He was young and didn’t understand so he didn’t say anything else.

“The thing is, Tristan…your grandfather was not an ordinary man…”

“Huh? Was?”

Leon stepped closer to him and he didn’t move away. “Your grandfather passed away two months ago. I’m sorry.” Tristan stared at him. He didn’t feel anything sad. He didn’t know the man. He felt nothing.

“You said I know you…and that I can’t remember…”

He was actually comfortable with the close distance between him and Leon. The taller man moved even closer until their chests were actually touching. Tristan unconsciously looked down in embarrassment as the other man was tilting his head to rest on his neck. “You wear the perfume I gave you,” Leon huskily said. His breath tickled Tristan’s neck and he shivered. “There was nothing else for me to…hmm…” he moaned when he felt Leon’s lips touched his skin.

He grabbed Leon’s arms and pushed him away slightly. “Answer me. Do we know each other?” he asked as he stared up into Leon’s eyes.

Leon smiled and smoothed the hair behind his ears. He then took his hands and led them back to the cleared table. “It’ll take a while to talk.”

88888888888888888888888

Tristan was 15 when he got lost in a forest while on a summer camp. He didn’t even realize when he started to stray away. Even his buddy was gone too. The day began to gradually go dark and deep down he felt scared. He didn’t bring anything but his swiss knife and a bottle of water.

He continued to walk along a used trail, in hoping he’d meet someone. He walked and walked and finally came to a main road. He looked around and saw a huge dark house on his left. The lights were on as it was getting dark. He walked briskly towards it and saw the house was neat and the garden was tended. Rain was already falling down right before he found the main road.

Looking about, he couldn’t find a doorbell and so he knocked on the door, praying for someone to open it. He heard footsteps coming closer to him and was surprised when a hand tapped his shoulder. He let out a small shriek and turned around.

A boy, probably 2-3 years older than him was frowning at him. “S-sorry, is this your house? I got lost,” he said, wrapping his arms around his body. Cold was slowly seeping through his wet clothes.

“You’re not supposed to be here,” the older boy stated, still frowning at him. All of a sudden, the big double door opened with a loud creak. An elderly man in a black tuxedo stood in the middle as if the doors were opened automatically.